DCCV - LincolnLogs

lincolnlogs

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
glad to be back boys!

im losing my patience with the ol lincoln and the AC isssue. it works, but only on the passenger side when im driving, and one both sides at an idle. sometimes its not cold at all on either. its embarrassing, when someone is with me and they are hot.. well sorry the AC dont work. its a lincoln and all, but... ugh.

and compressor is dragging. that might be due to a low level. i'll fix that after i fix this DCCV.

i know its been posted a dozen times. but i want a difinitive answer to my own questions.

1. how much am i looking at for doing this myself? time and money wise.
2. should i buy the original Motorcraft valve?
3. need any special tools?
4. why must it be 93 degrees out right now?

glad to be back boys!

im losing my patience with the ol lincoln and the AC isssue. it works, but only on the passenger side when im driving, and one both sides at an idle. sometimes its not cold at all on either. its embarrassing, when someone is with me and they are hot.. well sorry the AC dont work. its a lincoln and all, but... ugh.

and compressor is dragging. that might be due to a low level. i'll fix that after i fix this DCCV.

i know its been posted a dozen times. but i want a difinitive answer to my own questions.

1. how much am i looking at for doing this myself? time and money wise.
2. should i buy the original Motorcraft valve?
3. need any special tools?
4. why must it be 93 degrees out right now?

1. Rock auto for the part; I don't remember how much. Plus coolentt
2. Yes.
3. One of those spring-disconnect tools (like for the fuel line).
4. Because it's July

I would definitely shop around, I've seen it range from $80 (amazon) to $140 (rockauto) for the Motorcraft part. Time wise - from what I've read on here 1-2 hours, which includes draining the coolant.

93? Must be nice, its 103 here.

Don't have to drain the coolant. Just replace what spills out. And properly bleed, of course.

I just replaced my DCCV unit. Wasn't too bad. Messy part was having to drain the coolant because coolant is actually running through the inlet pipes on the DCCV. You can avoid draining the coolant by pinching the rubber hose with a locking plier or vise grip but it's a little tricky trying to pinch three rubber hoses. I just ended up draining it. I bought my unit through Amazon for $54 and change. Would have been over $80 but I ended up opening a rewards credit card and that gave me an instant $30 off. Took me about an hour and a half to do the job. Once you remove the air cleaner unit and a 2" diameter rubber hose, you have plenty of room to work with. You might want to change out the serpentine belt while you have all this stuff ripped out. I had 75K on my 06' LS and thought I might as well because it was a 10 minute job. Something to think about.

After doing all that, I'm still not getting cold air to blow, so I'm thinking that there may be a leak somewhere which I'll have to isolate. It seem everyone is having A/C issue right now when they really need to use it, in July of course.

...After doing all that, I'm still not getting cold air to blow, so I'm thinking that there may be a leak somewhere which I'll have to isolate. It seem everyone is having A/C issue right now when they really need to use it, in July of course.

Some of us need and use AC year round. I've never turned mine off.
Does your AC work for a few minutes in the morning when you first start the car?
Is your AC compressor running (is the clutch engaging)?

Does your AC work for a few minutes in the morning when you first start the car?

it lows ice cold on the passenger side... hot on the drivers.

at idle, it blows cold on both sides. soon as i take off, its hot as hell on drivers, still cold on passenger. everything engages okay. just doesnt disengage all the way.. it drags.

it lows ice cold on the passenger side... hot on the drivers.

at idle, it blows cold on both sides. soon as i take off, its hot as hell on drivers, still cold on passenger. everything engages okay. just doesnt disengage all the way.. it drags.

1. Probably your aux pump has failed. Fix it, and it will be hot at idle as well.
2. You new DCCV is bad, the connector is not fully seated, one of the wires between the DCCV and the DATC is broken, or the DATC is bad.

Where can you find one of those aux pumps at?

I know mine is messed up. I've looked around at Rockauto but I might not know the lingo they are calling it.

I live in Michigan, only need to use A/C right around this time of year and of course, it fails. Doesn't blow cold air at all, morning-afternoon-night, all same results, just air. And because the temp here has been in the high 90s, it's hard to tell if it is blowing air or hot air. The compressor clutch is not engaging when I turn A/C on and I filled it with R134a after I was done replacing DCCV unit. Bottom line, no cold air period and I'm the guy who contacted you via IM earlier this week about swapping out the DCCV unit. Thanks for all your advice, I appreciate it!

You can't correctly charge the refrigerant without the compressor running.
Did you check the 10A fuse under the hood for the DCCV and compressor clutch?

It's an automatic climate control. Why not (when it's working) just leave it on auto all the time? Even when it's cold here, it's too humid not to have the AC running.

You can't correctly charge the refrigerant without the compressor running.
Did you check the 10A fuse under the hood for the DCCV and compressor clutch?

It's an automatic climate control. Why not (when it's working) just leave it on auto all the time? Even when it's cold here, it's too humid not to have the AC running.

Yep, I did check the fuse and it is not blown. Even swapped the relay #8 with another relay and still no go. A friend of mine at work did lend me his A/C Manifold Gauge Set to properly measure A/C pressure. Good question, I don't know why I don't leave it on "auto", just habit I guess.

Always use AUTO, it then determines itself where it should direct and how much for optimum interior condition.
Keeps the moisture of the floorboards, ensuring the carpets don't get too humid as well.
A/C in defrost mode also.

Always use AUTO, it then determines itself where it should direct and how much for optimum interior condition. Keeps the moisture of the floorboards/carpets as well.

I'll keep that in mind.........whenever I get this A/C business fixed, when will that be? I haven't a clue but I'm trying with you guys help. I will be cold air!!!!!

I was editing when you quoted thus the difference, my bad.

Members online

No members online now.
Back