Which color would you paint this Gen 2?

Which color would you choose?

• Total voters
Black is very sexy when taken care of, but also shows every little imperfection. I still dig the Midnight Grey though, but as Gman said if you dont mind painting every nook and cranny then go for it. On another note, just throwing it out there so give me a break, but who in the world has ever owned a Grabber Blue Mark? :D So, how much did the paint run?

Eh that's one of those colors that only works on a muscle car/pony car like the mustang..just stands out too much, its like mustard yellow or bright (non metallic) red..to me it just wouldn't look right on a mark viii.

So i see that ppl are leaning more towards grey. Today i ended up bringing my grandma to the ER so i can't even call for pricing as I've been here all day. I want to go to one of the local paint shops to see these color codes but 2-3 shades darker.

Reality of this poll? Car will be painted black If the difference is too LOUD between the jams & exterior. If they can get really dark with either the grey or the blue then they are both still in the game & more than likely it will come down to a coin toss because i love BOTH grey & blue equally. Either way i know i will be very happy since both of these colors are so rare.

Yeah, was a tough call for me because ALL of the colors you're considering would look stunning on this car. So whatever you pick, it's gonna rock. :)

Ultimatesvt..I see you are trying to cut cost by not painting the jambs..but if you are going to spend the money on quality paint, why not do it right and just spend the little extra..how is it that much more to scuff the door and trunk jambs to have painted? Also I hope you remove as much trim as possible to avoid Sharp paint lines from having to tape things off. I would take bumpers off, trim, door handles, headlights, grille, tail lights and even the 1/4 glass. Otherwise anything that gets taped off will eventualy start to peel and flake at the tape line..happened to my old Thunderbird where one of the 1/4 panels was repainted..always bothered me.

I have seen a few Galants......... I mean Lincoln LS's, lol... with a very dark blue paint. I know it's factory. Been searching high/low but can't find the official color code for that paint color. Anyone know what paint code that is?

True Blue Metallic '04
19101463.jpg

Pearl Blue Metallic '01
20679195.jpg

You could always reshoot the black, scuff under the hood, doors, and trunk. Then shoot a mid coat of gun metal pearl then clear over the top of it.
With the pearl you could probably do all the jams with an airbrush before you shoot the car if you didn't plan on taking everything apart. Tape lines are a pain.
Of you have clear you could order more than enough pearl to do 2 cars for about $13. Try it on a test panel and see if you like it.
I shot a piece of plexi and a couple of spots on my stock hood. I tried 5 different pearls and combos to get the one I liked.

I want to try a Black Pearl-

It’s not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails that's what a ship needs but what a ship is…what the Black Pearl really is…is freedom.

from those choices, Midnight Grey, Black is for limos...beyond that, the same as mine; Charcoal Beige Metallic, (Navigator, T7)

I want to try a Black Pearl-

It’s not just a keel and a hull and a deck and sails that's what a ship needs but what a ship is…what the Black Pearl really is…is freedom.

You had a chubbie writing that. Don't lie

Gun metal over black. He added a lot of flake to it but I love the color. This blue is nice too.

Route66.jpg

electricblue2x2.jpg

True Blue Metallic '04

Pearl Blue Metallic '01
20679195.jpg

Anyone know the paint code for this one? Looks pretty damn dark. That's what I'm lookin for. Whether it's blue or grey it has to be darker than the OP pictures shown.

You could always reshoot the black, scuff under the hood, doors, and trunk. Then shoot a mid coat of gun metal pearl then clear over the top of it.
With the pearl you could probably do all the jams with an airbrush before you shoot the car if you didn't plan on taking everything apart. Tape lines are a pain.
Of you have clear you could order more than enough pearl to do 2 cars for about $13. Try it on a test panel and see if you like it.
I shot a piece of plexi and a couple of spots on my stock hood. I tried 5 different pearls and combos to get the one I liked.

Choices, choices, choices. I have plenty of time to see what I'm going to do. I may just do everything so it's done right.

midnight all the way...and dont look back. BTW I got myself a small compressor so this weekend im going at it again on my moldings...if they dont come out right then i guess ill have to go with plan B...Rulys friend.

midnight all the way...and dont look back. BTW I got myself a small compressor so this weekend im going at it again on my moldings...if they dont come out right then i guess ill have to go with plan B...Rulys friend.

Dude, don't throw away the paint you have. You have enough to paint your whole fender. Dude... STOP BEING SO IMPATIENT!!! Call my stepdad, go with him to get your quote then work with that #. Plus, it's quite different letting a pro do the work than just doing it yourself.

Well, while watching the presidential elections I've been online doing research for MARK VIII paint elections, lol...

I had to thank 90Boss because this blue is a lot darker than the blue I mentioned in my OP.

This is Blue Pear Metalic DX as mentioned by him:

DXdarkblue.jpg

DXdarkblue2.jpg

However after carefully reviewing something that came to my mind... I happen to have a SERIOUSLY dark blue paint right at home. It's my Ford F-150 Lariat. It's actually "deep wedgewood blue LL". It was the original color on the truck & it still is the surrounding color around the silver on my truck today. Now it's about figuring out which blue is darker!

This is deep wedgewood blue LL

LLdarkblue1.jpg

PICT0021ss.jpg

PICT0607small.jpg

100_0407ss.jpg

Did you blow that lariat?

Dude... That truck was my project back in 2008-2009. My plan was to install a DOHC from a Mark VIII in it then supercharge it. Well, while looking at Mark VIII's I ran across my '93. It was the donor car. Keyword WAS!!! My stepfather went with me to pick up the '93. He immediately said I should forget the truck & resurrect the Mark VIII. That's exactly what happened! I don't regret it though. Only problem is that truck is soooooooooooooo underpowered it's not even funny. 4.6 LITER SOHC shouldn't have even been an option on the F-150.

Have you decided on a color, Laser?

I voted Midnight Black. The Deep Navy Blue and the Midnight Gray are great colors but unless you planned on painting the inner portions I wouldn't go with a different color. It doesn't look right to me. Maybe under the hood but flat black would make that look better with a different external color.

I am realling liking that Lava Red on that Mustang also.

Have you decided on a color, Laser?

I voted Midnight Black. The Deep Navy Blue and the Midnight Gray are great colors but unless you planned on painting the inner portions I wouldn't go with a different color. It doesn't look right to me. Maybe under the hood but flat black would make that look better with a different external color.

I am realling liking that Lava Red on that Mustang also.

YOU got me confused dude, I'm not LASER... I have yet to decide. I'm leaning towards leaving it black but if I do go another route it will be the SUPER DARK blue on my truck. That thing is so dark it looks black almost anywhere unless the sun is shinning right on it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back