Thinking about a Trailblazer SS??

14.6@97MPH

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm seriously considering a Trailblazer SS for the wifey. Its a 2008 with almost every option (no nav). It's AWD. It's in almost perfect condition with only 12,000 miles. This would be for my wife to drive, so the Mark VIII will be sticking around. It would be replacing her BMW 328i which she hates and has had terrible reliability.

She doesn't drive much so we're not concerned about the bad gas mileage a Trailblazer SS gets.

What do you guys think? Has anyone owned one/driven one?

I've done a bunch of research and it does have a weak link in the tranny, but that only seems to be if you mod it, then beat on it. We won't be modding this and my wife won't be beating on it either.

Here's a pic........

tbss.JPG

If she likes it they are pretty good trucks and gotta love LS power. We looked at one for my wife as well and she hated how it drove and the interior. She ended up with an Aviator instead, but I would still love to have a TBSS personally.

-Alan

Three friends of mine had/have one, they're pretty good trucks, pretty quick also. My one friend who just sold his had about 60k on his 06..the only issues his had were some funky electrical problems that happened on and off causing the power Windows in the front not to work, and I believe these had air ride in the rear, my friend always complained about it leaning more on one side which I guess was common. Also look out for rust on these, make sure there's no rust on the seam where the top of the 1/4 panel meets the roof, also on bottoms if doors and tail gate. If you buy an 08 I believe you're still covered by GMs 6 year rust warranty..search the TB ss forums I bet every little complaint will be found there.

One of my favorite trucks. My buddy just bought an 06 or 07 with 76k on it. I love them. Can't go wrong. Just about as fast as a '93 Mk8. I'm telling you this because I raced one (rolling) a couple years back while driving my '93.

NNNNNNNNNNNNOoooooooooooooooooooo Gte an SRT8 Jep 1000000X better in every way especially looks.

You read my mind!! LOL Jeep SRT8s are so much better and so much faster. I recently raced one after the dyno and he was slowly pulling on me up to 120mph. I have pretty much full boltons. The Jeeps can run high12s bone stock. The Dana differential is indestructible and guys are running Hennesy turbo kits on them with the stock rear end. SOLID truck.The SS Blazer is a turd comparatively.

I bought the Trailblazer SS. Couldn't resist the 400 HP and 12k miles and the overall almost perfect condition of the truck. Did i say it had twelve thousand miles?!?! My wife loved the rare blue color too.

I might need to tow with it, so the Cherokee SRT was out. I also hate the front end of the 2005-2010 Cherokees. The 2012 (or 13) Cherokee SRT is awesome, but not what I was looking to spend right now.

I got a lot of truck for the money, and paid what people are paying for new Rav4's and CRV's.

Now I have to sell our 1999 bmw 328i.

Ken

I bought the Trailblazer SS. Couldn't resist the 400 HP and 12k miles and the overall almost perfect condition of the truck. Did i say it had twelve thousand miles?!?! My wife loved the rare blue color too.

I might need to tow with it, so the Cherokee SRT was out. I also hate the front end of the 2005-2010 Cherokees. The 2012 (or 13) Cherokee SRT is awesome, but not what I was looking to spend right now.

I got a lot of truck for the money, and paid what people are paying for new Rav4's and CRV's.

Ken

My buddy Ray tows His twin BBC boat with His srt8 all the time?? DOnt like the looks?? You kidding me man??????

Thats the Devil on wheels and has ya by 25hp outta the box.
jeep.jpg

Congrats anyway but that SS has 0 on the Jeep imho, esp looks.

From what I've read, the last generation SRT8 GC can tow up to 7200lbs. That ain't bad. And they're absolutely gorgeous! I'm not a GM man, personally. So I'd have to go with the Jeep because Ford ain't got nuthin' that can even come close to touchin' it:D

My buddy Ray tows His twin BBC boat with His srt8 all the time?? DOnt like the looks?? You kidding me man??????

Thats the Devil on wheels and has ya by 25hp outta the box.
jeep.jpg

Congrats anyway but that SS has 0 on the Jeep imho, esp looks.

I guess he changed out the center exhaust for towing?? My SS comes with 1-side exhaust and a tow package.

IMHO I can't take the looks of the 2005-2010 cherokee headlights. I think it is one of the ugliest front ends with terrible looking headlights..........who designed those?! The 2012 SRT is real nice, but I wasn't spending $50k lol :)

At least my wife will be driving this over some dumb hybrid crossover. :)

nah, i have read that it is pretty easy to fit a hitch between the bumper and tips.

The first time I ever saw the Jeep SRT8, I was at a gas station and some brutha had one and was leaving. Oh look at this cocky sob in his suv LOL He took off WOT on the boulevard and I **** my pants. No big ugly donk wheels, no booming subs, just straight up fvcking torque out of the hole like a scalded dog.

And congrats to the OP on your purchase. I don't mean to hijack but since the SRT8 was brought up, check out this sick video:

This Jeep is making 1100+rwhp. It's gone 9.17@151 since. It almost requires chutes. This is more for Geno since he likes the Cherokee. :p

Jeep SRT8 Twin Turbo runs 9's - YouTube

IMHO I can't take the looks of the 2005-2010 cherokee headlights. I think it is one of the ugliest front ends with terrible looking headlights..........who designed those?! The 2012 SRT is real nice, but I wasn't spending $50k lol :)

At least my wife will be driving this over some dumb hybrid crossover. :)

I dunno man I can spot a SRT8 jeep a mile away coming down the highway, the SS goes by un noticed. Plus 1 on the Hybrid crappola. You can get black headlights for the Jeep it looks SICK!!

SRT5.jpg

I personally like the SRT8 better but it cost waaaayyyy more! You can obtain a Chevy Blazer SS for $16.5k w/85k miles while the SRT8 Jeep with same mileage will cost you $25 - $26k. That's a big difference in my book. $8 - $9k is a nice chunk of change no matter how you look at it.

Yeh, that front end pic of the SRT above, yuck. Not for me. Hopefully I'm not offending anybody that might have one on here, I didn't bring it up.

If I do tow with the Trailblazer SS, I'll be needing my bigger hitch (bigger than can fit above the SRT's exhaust tips) for what I'm going to tow. :) I guess you could keep lowering the SRT's tips for a bigger hitch, but that would start to look dumb.

Even if I could swap the SRT's exhaust for a bigger class hitch, I just don't like the look of the 05-10's cherokees. Again, just my opinion. Somebody did get the 2011 cherokee design right though. :)

The SS is a bit of a sleeper as Geno mentioned, which is kinda like my Mark VIII? Only a car guy will know what is going on when my wife drives by them in it.

Man if you guys don't like the Trailblazer SS, what kind of responses would I get if I bought a Lexus RX 450h. lol

Ken

Trailblazer hauls! watch some videos on it running the quarter

Ken

Put a converter on it you will be running with those SRT8's.

My wife wanted a TBSS soooo bad a couple years ago. That was until we test drove one. With the 6.0 I expected it to be at least a little fast. I was thoroughly disappointed. Our 06 impala SS would have KILLED it in a race. Im sorry but im not paying that much money for a car that gets terrible mileage, and is not fast enough to make up for it.

Just my $0.02

TBSS LS2> 6.1 Hemi if you are going to mod the motor. But stock for stock the SRT8 Jeep is faster.

Members online

No members online now.
Back