accel coils

You have to leave the coil covers off and reverse the poles when wiring right?

What's wrong with the Visteons? I just put on a set and couldn't be happier. My car has never run so smooth.

Yes I have the Accels and you have to reverse the wiring on the connector and lose the coil covers. I love them and you can just run to the local parts store if you have any issues with them instead of waiting for the dealer to order them or waiting on new Visteons from ebay to arrive. The boot on the Accels fits down into the plug well so tight that you have no issues with water getting into the plug wells.

Yes I have the Accels and you have to reverse the wiring on the connector and lose the coil covers. I love them and you can just run to the local parts store if you have any issues with them instead of waiting for the dealer to order them or waiting on new Visteons from ebay to arrive. The boot on the Accels fits down into the plug well so tight that you have no issues with water getting into the plug wells.

Its the Accels for the Mustang 3.6 or something right?

They are for the 4.6. Part number 140032-8 IIRC

Nice ok. You did a write up for reversing the polarity if I remember correctly. I'll have to hunt that down. I'm not sure if the coils in my LS have ever been replaced (im at 105K about) so I figure I should just do it for maintenance. What plugs are you using Hite?

Ordered my Visteons from Amazon. Took about half a week, but I wasn't in the middle of a race or anything so I was able to wait. :)

They were < $180 for all 8.

OEM motorcraft. Sp467 IIRC. MMAFIGHTER did the writeup I think. There's a link to it in his signature

I have the adapters for the accel coils from Hite Performance available. They make accels fit great. I'm currently running Visteons so I dont need them anymore. Few bucks plus shipping.

I have the adapters for the accel coils from Hite Performance available. They make accels fit great. I'm currently running Visteons so I dont need them anymore. Few bucks plus shipping.

They look like this...
100_1423.jpg

thanks to the guys that gave me the info i was looking for,and no thanks to the smart asses

Uh oh, another name caller. Thats two in the same day. There is alot of sarcasm in this forum spsdriver, take it in stride, its harmless. They're just giving you a hard time cuz you are new. The 'smart asses' are long time contributing members who have helped numerous people.

Members online

Back