Rear lower arms

3 junkyards have told me otherwise, and Ford has 2 different part numbers...

I think I'll just bite the bullet and pick up these arms from an 05.

2 different part numbers because there is 1 for each side?

I am going by the LEMFORDER catalog (who makes the arms I bought), and they show compatibility for all years, 00-06.

3 junkyards have told me otherwise, and Ford has 2 different part numbers...

I think I'll just bite the bullet and pick up these arms from an 05.

How much are they asking for the control arms? If you don't mind. I need both rear lowers and the cheapest new ones I have found are from Tasca, which are approx $220 a piece. If I can try and pick up some good used ones from a newer car cheaper, then I might go that route.

seem to be about 100/ea.

Range from 75-150 depending on the yard, mileage, etc.

The ones I'm probably going to pick up I got the guy down to 110 for the pair w/ 104k miles on the car. But I have to pull them

How much are they asking for the control arms? If you don't mind. I need both rear lowers and the cheapest new ones I have found are from Tasca, which are approx $220 a piece. If I can try and pick up some good used ones from a newer car cheaper, then I might go that route.

That's dirt cheap. They cost twice as much here.

What goes wrong with the lower arms that requires their replacement?

Rear (arm to subframe) ball-joint type bushings (also grease filled) going bad.

Mark, are all the bushings grease filled? for some reason I thought only the arm-knuckle bushings were...

Arm to subframe front (bottom right on the photo): Rubber
Arm to subframe rear (top right): ball-joint type grease filled
Arm to knuckle (left): I am not sure what kind these are. They don't seem to move/flex like the bj type rears, but they do have rubber boots and are grease filled. EDIT: The aftermarket arms have a solid bushing there. The OEM arms have a ball-joint type bushing!

DSC_2897_s.jpg

Update... Thanks Mark. Got the 05 arms installed tonight. Fixed my rear end noise, although now I need new sway bar bushings back there :/

Update... Thanks Mark. Got the 05 arms installed tonight. Fixed my rear end noise, although now I need new sway bar bushings back there :/

No worries :) Apparently those are replaceable without lowering the subframe, according to a post on jaguarforums.com

I ordered a new rear lower right from Tasca but they are kinda slow it seems. I need a lower left as well but was going to try and find a used one but decided against that.

Has anyone ordered from Tousley Ford? http://www.tousleyfordparts.com/

Its the same price as Tasca but I'm wondering if they are quicker at shipping the parts.

No worries :) Apparently those are replaceable without lowering the subframe, according to a post on jaguarforums.com

I actually meant sway bar end links... It was 4:35AM when I posted that :)

I still have a weird rattle over bumps up front though :/ I know its not ball joint, upper arm, lower arm, sway bar bushings...

I installed my lower arms last night and both took me about 4.5 hours to do. Pretty easy job, luckily none of the bolts and nuts were corroded too bad so it was easy to loosen everything.
Tasca was quick on their shipping. The arms were causing my rear tires to have too much camber, replacing the arms seems to have cured that problem along with the noise. The bushing were blown out really bad, they had a lot of play in them. I will post some pics later to show the dumbness of them. It has been a couple of years since my cabin has been quiet!

Members online

No members online now.
Back