WANTED- New tech articles for the LS section

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I am looking for new tech articles for the LS section.

Here are a few ideas:

Some basics for members who are just learning
  • Change Spark Plugs
  • Change Fuel Filter
  • Change Transmission Fluid / Filter
  • Changing Brake Pads

More advanced Stuff would also be nice.

So guys - Lets get some stuff written up. Original content only please.

Email to me at TechArticles@lincolnvscadillac.com

Thank you all.

We HAVE got to have the angel eye installation which also includes clearing the side markers.

I agree

Anything is good, but I want to get some basic stuff too.

-

Joeychgo said:
I am looking for new tech articles for the LS section.

Here are a few ideas:

Some basics for members who are just learning
  • Change Spark Plugs
  • Change Fuel Filter
  • Change Transmission Fluid / Filter
  • Changing Brake Pads

More advanced Stuff would also be nice.

So guys - Lets get some stuff written up. Original content only please.

Email to me at TechArticles@lincolnvscadillac.com

Thank you all.
Joey,

I sent you several a while back which included changing the rear brakes. Did you ever get those up?

I'll send you what I have - which covers most of that list.

just sent you:
- Air Cleaner Outlet Pipe - 00-02 V6/V8
- Belt 00-02 V8
- Coolant Flow 00-02 V8
- Cylinder Head Temperature Sensor 00-02 V8
- EGR Valve Tube 00-02 V8
- Ignition Coil 00-02 V6/V8
- Intake Manifold 00-02 V6/V8
- Spark Plugs 00-02 V6/V8

Generic:
- Cabin Air Filter
- Cooling System Draining
- Coolant FLushing
- Cowl Vent Screen
- Instrument Cluster

Let me take some pics and I'll send you a Tech Article I've already written on Installing a Radar Detector wiring it to the Compass Mirror.

Didn't you use to have my coil replacement page up there too?

I lost a bit when we were hacked - so If you sent me something and its not already there - thats why. Please send them again.

Also -- Please dont send me word docs with the images embedded. I cant extract the images to place them in a web page. Instead, just send an email with the text of the article and attach the images to the email. In the text just put (Image 1), (Image 2), etc. where the images go.

Thank you all...

Joey
- just open them up in Word
- then 'File' - > 'Save As'
- change the Save As Type to 'Web Page (*.htm; *.html)'
- then save

It will create a web page (*.htm) that has all the text and a sub-folder that contains all the images seperated out.

Quik LS said:
Joey
- just open them up in Word
- then 'File' - > 'Save As'
- change the Save As Type to 'Web Page (*.htm; *.html)'
- then save

It will create a web page (*.htm) that has all the text and a sub-folder that contains all the images seperated out.
Yep! :I

Joeychgo said:
I lost a bit when we were hacked - so If you sent me something and its not already there - thats why. Please send them again.

You can use the link in my signature, for my coil article, to grab the images and text, if that works for you.

I'm going to change my Fuel Filter sometime in the next week or two when I'm off of work. so I'll try to get that one accomplished for us. Done it once before.. Took 30 minutes cause I didn't know what I was doing.. Could have made it alot faster...

lsbit said:
You can use the link in my signature, for my coil article, to grab the images and text, if that works for you.

adding that one now. LSbit - you should put some pics in your garage!

Joeychgo said:
adding that one now. LSbit - you should put some pics in your garage!

True. I was hoping to take some pics of the Sport last weekend after I detailed it too, but the clutch cable broke on the Mustang, so I had to drag the LS out into the nasty weather before I got some good pics. :)

im actually doing an airbox mod right now different from the one you already have ill c if i can get some pics for you.

I would write one on the heatsheild that i fabed but i did mine kinda ghetto and i didn't take pictures while i was fabing the heatsheild. Once i finish the heatsheild (sanded painted lined and weatherstripped) if it turned out nicely i will write an article for sure. I will probably build another one aswell and it should turn out a lot better being this is my first time working with fiberglass.

Other mods...

Anybody done any mods to their 3rd brake light? Never been a fan of the stock halogen light... I am thinking of ripping it out and doing LEDs on the trunk somehow. Also... I've seen some sweet LED mods to corner lights etc... just wondering if anybody's done this to their LS

When did you plan on adding all of those into the tech section?

How about a tech article on removing pin stripes, I hate mine!

fuel filter how to:

Can someone post a how to for the fuel filter? Mine needs to be changed and I dont want to have to pay some mechanic to do somthing that I am more than capable of doing. Unless I am wrong and it is more of a job than the standard DIYer. thanks Danny:L

Members online

No members online now.
Back