Who is more likely to articulate a written comprehensible sentence?

Who is more likely:

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If I were to buy new I would get a 2011 GT. Comferable, quiet, fast, handle great, stop great and get great mileage. Excellent cars IMHO.

If I were to buy new I would get a 2011 GT. Comferable, quiet, fast, handle great, stop great and get great mileage. Excellent cars IMHO.

I agree but it would have to be grabber blue, but I would still take the Dodge over it no clue why. In a perfect world I could have them both.

I can't believe that I just read this whole damn thead start to finish... All I can say is that arguing which car is better, Mark vs LS, is the same as arguing who would make a better president, Obama or Bush. Why argue, there is no point. My opinion on the matter, as far as why the LS sucks is from having worked in a Ford dealer. Every rubber boot on the suspension is torn within 30k miles and the price is obscene to repair. The brakes in every LS I have ever driven feel like a set of brand new pads on brand new rotors that aren't seated yet. LSs just feel cheap to me. Everything feels too light in your hands, the steering wheel, the doors, the controls. I could say more but I have driven over 50 LSs at the dealer, and havent been impressed with a single one. My 8 feels like a rocket. In 10 years, neither of these cars will be worth crap, however just like the muscle cars of yesteryear, the Mark is a better platform for a toy. In 5 years almost everything is going to be 4 door or fwd. The mark will always be a 2 door, V8, rwd platform that can be modded. Most of us wont give any of the old 4 door 70's era muscle cars a second look, I am an american car guy, and I don't. The cool factor will always be what wins the m8 in my book, only time will tell.

Most of us wont give any of the old 4 door 70's era muscle cars a second look, I am an american car guy, and I don't. The cool factor will always be what wins the m8 in my book, only time will tell.

What he said...

In 10 years, neither of these cars will be worth crap, however just like the muscle cars of yesteryear, the Mark is a better platform for a toy. In 5 years almost everything is going to be 4 door or fwd. The mark will always be a 2 door, V8, rwd platform that can be modded. Most of us wont give any of the old 4 door 70's era muscle cars a second look, I am an american car guy, and I don't. The cool factor will always be what wins the m8 in my book, only time will tell.

I would have to agree. I have never understood the growing popularity of sedans with the youth of today. When I was growing up if you had a sedan you were considered a geek, all the cool kids had coupes. My older son would give his left testicle for a 4 door honda civic, and my younger son turned his nose up at a good used camaro in favor of a taurus. Were I his age again (never mind what I did have at his age) I would have killed to have a camaro and would have turned up my nose at the taurus.

Now, my oldest daughter has her head on straight.... she wants a single cab F-350 4x4. She's so Texan it hurts and she bleeds maroon. I just don't understand the fixation with sedans as "sports" cars.

Between the LS and the MkVIII, I have to give my vote to the MkVIII. If anything for the cool factor. The MkVIII still looks modern and slick, the LS looked dated the moment it was designed, it reminds me of the late '80s BMW's.

The LSs remind me of my moms old Mitsubishi Diamonte. It has some hint of class, but driving it just left alot to be desired

I would have to agree. I have never understood the growing popularity of sedans with the youth of today. When I was growing up if you had a sedan you were considered a geek, all the cool kids had coupes.

sedans of today are not just sedans.....lots of high performance vehiclesare 4 door. And i dont have a fascination with sedans but i like luxury vehicles as well as sports coupes.

I have a balance between both.

The MkVIII still looks modern and slick, the LS looked dated the moment it was designed, it reminds me of the late '80s BMW's.

That is simply an opinion not a fact.

A bunch of us see it the other way around...with the mark looking dated and the LS having a much more modern design.

Especially the interior...big difference.

The LSs remind me of my moms old Mitsubishi Diamonte. It has some hint of class, but driving it just left alot to be desired

Too bad you feel that way. I love driving mine.

Too bad? I wasn't looking forward to ever driving another.. The 3.0dohc is such a junk motor with no balls

I was dating a girl with a G6 GT hardtop vert, it's was a pretty cool little car, but I wouldn't pick it over a Mark

I was dating a girl with a G6 GT hardtop vert, it's was a pretty cool little car, but I wouldn't pick it over a Mark

o hell no me neither!!!!! just saying gm dropped its best line in the us market to keep the best selling luxury car in china. now that is some bullshat

and if you really want a g8 you can still import one from holden http://www.holden.com.au/home

no more v8 wtf is the world coming to :Bang

Id rather have a Voxell (sp?) VXR. I think if the GTOs came over here looking like that then they would have saved Pontiac instead of killing it.

Id rather have a Voxell (sp?) VXR. I think if the GTOs came over here looking like that then they would have saved Pontiac instead of killing it.

Vauxhall.
and agreed. VXRs are the :q:q:q:q.
the VXR8 Bathurst S supercharged sounds so awesome.

funny that you said that. when my father had his 06 gto i pulled my mark in the drive way right after i got it and my dad looks at me and said "that damn mark looks like my gto's big brother". I said "i spent $500 and you spent $20,000"

I didn't get to vote - and I am an 'impartial' bystander...

However, I noticed this thread wandered into coupe vs sedan - luxury style...

Drove one of these yesterday - we had one in the shop...

I am in lust - ;)

cts-v-coupe.jpg

I was playing around in Sarasota a couple nights ago on 41 with a g6 gtp hartop with some light mods (lowered, rims, exhaust, chip, intake, or so it seemed) and it killed me from a dig, but from a roll around 40 or so, it could not touch me. I normally don't streetrace, and not at all during traffic, etc., but it was US41 with 0 traffic and in a dead area as far as infrastructure, so I played around on a stretch and at a stoplight or two to around 90mph. I had 750 lbs of people and 100 lbs of tools in my mark, running on 87 octane, and I have a few issues with my car. But nonetheless, as redneck yacht club as this statement sounded, I was impressed even if his car was empty. It was a manual trans and barked 1st, 2nd, and 3rd, sounded mean to be less than a v8.

Those Chargers sound... ok. If not a little obnoxious.

Maybe I'm getting way too old, but I live the mellow sound of a V12 over that of a V8.

Start.mp3

I've heard some less-than-mellow v-12's. I think you just have a little bit of a richer taste ;)

Members online

No members online now.
Back