when I floor it, the trans pushes me into the next gear??

That also meens it could have caused some damage like braking a spring. With that shift kit AND the chip demanding a firmer shift then you could very well have hurt it.
I would do a fluid and filter change anyway and get a tuner. DO NOT SET YOUR SHIFTS FIRMER IN THE TUNE! Just adjust the shift points as needed. You may want to step the shift one setting firmer at WOT for the 2-3 and 3-4 shift to help the clutch pack out but not the part throttle setting unless you can choose a softer shift. Been so long since I tuned mine I couldn't tell ya if it has a softer shift option.

I just really think your problem is the car is shifting way outside its power band and making it feel harsher because when it changes gears its closer to its peak output at the next gears rpm engagement point.
The tach is a bit lethargic but when you go WOT what does the tach say the RPMs are when it shifts out of 1st and 2nd?

good writeup, ill check it tomorrow, he11 I might even make a video of it so you can see, ill post it

eveything just feels wierd, I guess the adjustment makes sense, is this shift kit any good anyways? even if its not, im not going to replace it or remove it anyways, so can someone tell me more about this shift kit I got or is it supposed to have these hard upshifts at WOT?

Yes yes, its supposed to be that way. Keep on driving it, at WOT all the time, while adjusting your speed with the brake pedal. Never, EVER let off the gas. You want the pedal to the floor at all times unless the car is turned off. Right when you get in your car, before you turn the key to start it, put the pedal to the floor. This will ensure that the blower motor doesnt seize up. If that happens, you are SCREWED. At that point, it doesnt matter what transmission you put in the car, it will never shift. Consider yourself well warned.

So much for my advice.:rolleyes:

The guy has a 5 year old trans-go shift kit, probably burnt fluid and his blah, blah, blah

At the time (2004) the car had 51K on it.

How many beaten miles on it now?

Hey, do that flush and change the torque converter fluid also. Add one of those special tranny lube thing-a-ma-jiggers and don't be surprised when those friction plates become frictionless.

Hey, you can save your brakes by coming up to stop signs and do a 4-1 downshift. The chirp into 1st will be way cool.

trans flush every 30k and the trans was just flushed recently and it looks like new when I checked it, so what if the shift kit is a few years old, the trans has been maintained ever since day 1

This is my last post in ANY of your threads.

Have fun trying to get help elsewhere with your "problems".

I feel sorry for some of you on here, your car lineup explains alot about the perseon you are: heres what comes to mind when I see "94m5" and "black87lsc" lineup (he11 you dont even have a MARK VIII and you're here, maybe if you sell your POS's, it can hopefully add up to a mark VIII)

red_neck_car.jpg

redneck.jpg

redneck.png

RedneckLimoService.png

jr61304-trailr-park.jpg

Wow... your ignorance never ceases to amaze me.

Tell me, what is this fixation you have with Rednecks? Do you secretly want to be one? Or, are you one and just can't come to terms with being a redneck, so you bash rednecks?

Which is it?

And what is this snobby attitude you've got, all about? Just because you have a Mark VIII, it don't make you high class. So step off before some people here show you some of their cars which will make your Mark look like a welfare mobile.

Damn, you're ignorant...

ummm.... my mark VIII is more of a daily car, ive pointed out my other cars earlier on my other posts, but of course your an old man and you forgot

Awww. a daily car. So? What's your point?

So you have a Mustang... whooptee. Every other person in this country, it seems has a damned Mustang... oh, it's Cobra. yawn! Do you STILL have this Cobra, by the way? I'm sure you'll say you do.

And you have a Fiat... err. Dodge pick-up truck with a boring "500 HP" motor.

Wow, you're just rolling in rare, fast and powerful vehicles... NOT.

ummm.... my mark VIII is more of a daily car, ive pointed out my other cars earlier on my other posts, but of course your an old man and you forgot

Here is my issue with this post, because he is an old man he forgot? Respect your elders dude. I came back from Cali after training and saw an 18 year old kid screaming at his grandfather (fack you a$$hole, your not my f'ing father) and pushed him back into the car. I walked right up to him and put my hands on him too, trust me he didn't get up , at least until after I had left.

Don't cash a check you can't cash aka asking dumb questions and getting the responses you are getting and not being able to deal with it.

F***K Y*U, learn how to talk to people MOFO, you need to get your ass kicked fu**in redneck

Dude your not making any friends here ... people are trying to help you out and all the time your replying in a way that make people NOT want to help..
Cursing and threatning someone who is a valuable asset like the Frog, is probably one of the fastest way to get banned from this site..

I would consider your reactions to some of the comments

I still can`t figure out the question?

Me either.

but I guess we should welcome him to the "Wonderful World of American Cars with V-8s"

he said he never had american cars..so maybe he's just used to the 90 ft lbs the honda civic gave him?
dunno....

Viking if this trans pushing you into the next gear is a problem, just remove it and toss it in the box with the anti rattle clips.

Meh, Not really Tommy.

I have been thinking about this, and came to the conclusion that I just won't help this guy with any more questions. Does that mean I'm gonna quit posting in his threads?, Not Hardly.

Viking,

Listen up douche.

We all can't be Metro.....er, well in your case, HOMOsexual residents of that great big clusterf u c k of a city you live in. I'm gonna go ahead and go on record and say that I am VERY proud to be called a redneck. I drive big trucks, loud cars, fish, hunt, kill innocent animals on a whim, go bowling, go roadin', WORK ON MY OWN CARS!!!!, know what a shift kit is AND DOES, and I have friends that do the same thing. Just to prove my point, and because I feel the internet leaves alot to be desired on the personality side of things, Here are a few pictures of my life just to prove I have a bit of Redneck in me.

Your holier than thou attitude has no place in this forum, and as such I'm gonna do everything in MY power to make sure your time here is as pointless as possible. I HATE being like this, but you comming on OUR forum, asking retarded questions, and then getting pissed off at US for calling you out on it will NOT be tolerated.

Don't forget to pull the huge purple dildo out of your ass before you leave. The swinging door might shove it in a bit further than it already is.

1 (2).jpg

2 (2).jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.JPG

6.jpg

7.JPG

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.JPG

Ugh I wish he hadn't told you anything.

Sorry, I have a bad habit of expecting goodness from people and try to help them out. I see yet again I was sorely mistaken. My bad. :(
I wont let it happen again. I realized I am part of the "This place sux and your all stupid" remark he made cause I like it here and get along with all of you AND can understand when someone helps me with an issue.

I can haz cookie neow? :D

I will gladly admit I am a redneck, hell I used 5/8 heater hose to install my hot water heater. :q:q:q:q you you metrosexual :q:q:q:q. thank you. See I knew I shouldnt have responded the first time.

All I can say is wow........
Mike you ok ;)

I never seen you unload on somebody before....this is a first for me.

A redneck kickin and beatin down a total n00b :eek: :)

seems like most people on here have a "LOW CLASS" issue, its upsetting when a nice car becomes cheap and every poor person can afford it, I dont really get along with rednecks, never did.... so yea, this forum might not be for me afterall, rednecks have this LOW SELF ESTEEM issue where they think they are super tough b/c they hunt, kill, look tough..... etc which obviously scores little in every aspect including MONEY, HOT GIRLS, SOMTHING NICE TO DRIVE, which "94m5" shows a perfect example in all of his pics. In those pics, i see..... well i dont know, a loser who thinks hes the S**T, I dont see any impressive cars, chicks, style and if you think fishing, hunting, off-roading and shooting random things is fun, i feel bad for you. Your life is seriously boring. good luck

seems like most people on here have a "LOW CLASS" issue, its upsetting when a nice car becomes cheap and every poor person can afford it, I dont really get along with rednecks, never did.... so yea, this forum might not be for me afterall, rednecks have this LOW SELF ESTEEM issue where they think they are super tough b/c they hunt, kill, look tough..... etc which obviously scores little in every aspect including MONEY, HOT GIRLS, SOMTHING NICE TO DRIVE, which "94m5" shows a perfect example in all of his pics. In those pics, i see..... well i dont know, a loser who thinks hes the S**T, I dont see any impressive cars, chicks, style and if you think fishing, hunting, off-roading and shooting random things is fun, i feel bad for you. Your life is seriously boring. good luck

Lemme guess, you think living close enough to your neighbor's house to piss on it is not boring, or living in a congested dirty a$$ city is not boring or having higher taxes, fuel, cost of living, etc by living in said cesspool. Wow yo momma must still have your balls in her purse. Dudette, go crawl back in that poohole you came out of. On second thought, keep the shyt stirred up, I needed a good laugh today

Members online

No members online now.
Back