What's the fastest you've driven your Mark VIII?

No idea what my fastest speed was, all I know is, I was in Maximum Overdrive. :shifty:

special-kind-of-stupid.jpg

Did 140 in third gear. Rt 13 bypass md. At that speed both gauges are burried. From 80 it doesn't take long. Never triied in fourth gear.

Didn't the Bonneville Mark VIII hit 170s with slight modifications in three miles(I know it's salt)? With all the modifications LazerSVT has made it really isn't hard to believe he could well surpass that 172. BTW, in response to the question I do 120-130 every month or so to keep my car in line...lol.

I like pizza. I like it a lot!

*folds slice of pizza and puts in wallet*

one of the first things I did after I got it was hit the governor

Yep. I'm pretty sure the only car I've had that I haven't immediately taken to top speed was my 86 Omni (was losing steering control around 100mph but had plenty left in it.) Now that I think about it, all the ones I've bought out of state have been topped out on the way home..

Last edited:
This thread got me in the mood so i buried the needle yesterday and still had 2k rpm to go. Ill post the picture when i get home from work. Didnt have the gps on me so idk how fast i was really going. I learned not to do it
On a road that looks dry but it wasnt. Never had abs kick in at 100mph lmao

Yep. I'm pretty sure the only car I've had that I haven't immediately taken to top speed was my 86 Omni (was losing steering control around 100mph.) Now that I think about it, all the ones I've bought out of state have been topped out on the way home..

An Omni :confused: Funny when I got my first car (71' SS Big Block Chevelle) my mother took it for a spin and was upset I didn't buy the Omni she had found for me :p

The GLH (allegedly Goes Like Hell) was the fast (for the time) one. My Omni was a free hand-me-down from my uncle, with the N/A 2.2 and 5spd manual. I took it to the track up here once, ran a low 17, which would be about a high 15 maybe low 16 at sea level... surprisingly decent for an 80s econobox.

The GLH (allegedly Goes Like Hell) was the fast (for the time) one. My Omni was a free hand-me-down from my uncle, with the N/A 2.2 and 5spd manual. I took it to the track up here once, ran a low 17, which would be about a high 15 maybe low 16 at sea level... surprisingly decent for an 80s econobox.

Yep, my brother had a GLH....the little POS flew.

GLH-S was a 14 sec car, crazy ugly but fast for the street in the mid 80s

I don't do those things anymore. Lost my license at 18 for three years when I was clocked @ 162 in a 25 miles even in Canada. That was in my 69 Superbee.

Bad Ass!!!

1. Top speed ever---180+, riding with Jack Roush in his Cobra Roadster. Mid-afternoon, east and then west on I-96 from the Newburgh ramp to Telegraph and then back to Newburgh. Both tach and speedo pegged.

NIIICEEEE!!!! I love going to Jack Roush Days, down here at his place at River Barn in Manchester, Ohio... very cool car show.

The fastest I've ever been in my Mark Viii was right about 130MPH, front end shaking the whole way! LOL!!!

And I know it's not a Mark Viii, but I've had my '94 GT to right about 145MPH, while street racing a Cobalt SS... I know... stupid. Wont do that again. I realized what I did after I did it.. and was like "wow... what if I hit a deer or something!?!"

Members online

No members online now.
Back