Short hose on EGR module

rawdr

LVC Member
Reaction score
1) In the picture I am holding the short hose that attaches within the EGR module... The exposed end has broken off with the plastic inside it.

2) The fitting circled at the top of the picture connects via a hose which runs to the left... I don't know what it's called, but it has broken in half in the middle of the hose.

For 1, should I just buy a new EGR module? I'm not confident I would be able to epoxy the plastic piece back on securely.
For 2, would the hose work properly if I used a piece of heatshrink to reconnect it?

For either, can I even start the car with one or both of these disconnected? I haven't attempted it yet.

Thanks.

IMG_20161220_024501_239.jpg

IMG_20161220_024501_239.jpg

Is that the gen II V8? (It would help if you would say...)

Assuming 2nd gen V8, then...
That multi-hose assembly also goes to the fuel pressure sensor. I would expect the engine to run very rich without that connected.
The hose assembly is : 3W4Z-9E498-BA
The EGR assembly is : 3W4Z-9D475-AC (Must use OEM, aftermarket won't work.)

Is that the gen II V8? (It would help if you would say...)

My mistake.. late night post. Yes it is gen II, 2004 V8.

Isn't 3W4Z-9E498-BA the two rubber connectors to the right of the picture? The circled barbed fitting (top circle) is what is missing a hose... it was hard plastic, rather thin and of course brittle, NOT rubber at all... which is why I wondered if quality heatshrink might be suitable for a test drive.

You mentioned EGR, and that's the EGR hose assembly. One connection to the intake, two to the EGR, and one to the fuel pressure sensor.

Are you asking about the PCV hose between the bank 1 valve cover and the intake?

The hose in my hand is what I thought was connected to (and from?) the EGR. It's just a 6 inch hose, the hose itself is not broken in the pic. But the small black plastic nipple that one end attaches to is broken off inside it. This is issue 1 in my original post.

Are you asking about the PCV hose between the bank 1 valve cover and the intake?

Issue 2: For the fitting circled at the top of my pic, I think I found it. Number 5, crankcase ventilation tube:

s6x~us~en~file=n0005273.gif~gen~ref.gif
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=515382&cc=1426137&jsn=386
I might try epoxy/heatshrink on this one while it ships if it just provides airflow, doesn't hold vacuum, etc.

s6x~us~en~file=n0005273.gif~gen~ref.gif

Members online

No members online now.
Back