McLaren grill $250

Kingbenny05

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Color matched it to my 02LSE silver birtch metallic code JP. Has all tabs, not broken or cracked.
6bd88fbd56f54ab2d4ad3f3ef23ba18b.jpg
fff94258356fb0829ebc00687fa10d2d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

Selling this one.

^ LOL, he didn't figure that.

Hey 04_Sport, I got two of them also, but your not getting neither one, Hahahahaaaa!

~ sorry

Lol. Sadly I'm in need of mny and I honestly don't need 2. Sellin my silver 02LSE so sellin matched McLaren.

Quote Rig:

"^ LOL, he didn't figure that.

Hey 04_Sport, I got two of them also, but your not getting neither one, Hahahahaaaa!

~ sorry "

I know... I know... neener neener neener. It's all good. :)

NOT to offened anybody... and correct me if I am wrong,,, but don't the real McClaren grills come with a RED Lincoln emblem???

And...

YES Rig,,, you're right! :) I didn't figure it was for sale.

When lincoln showcased their McLaren, the grille was on a 1st gen LS silver frost and the emblem was done up in orange. I have a pic of it at home, probably can Google the images.

EDIT - - - -

546a638621d1e_-_lincoln-ls-mclaren-lg.jpg

Crap, that might be red after all, here I thought it was orange all these years.

You is right me thinking.

546a638621d1e_-_lincoln-ls-mclaren-lg.jpg

73cfc0fe992cc1c5c1ed4751b09d9ab0.jpg

Original color an emblem, I changed it.

I have red emblem if you want it back on.

When lincoln showcased their McLaren, the grille was on a 1st gen LS silver frost and the emblem was done up in orange. I have a pic of it at home, probably can Google the images.

EDIT - - - -

View attachment 828477097

Crap, that might be red after all, here I thought it was orange all these years.

You is right me thinking.

Funny how Lincoln unveiled the joint venture yet didn't give support to get the blower up and running...

The emblem was indeed orange. The emblems were red until the LS, then Lincoln went to black.

edit
Here's the article...

KB,

Considering it. The red/black emblem would be more appealing. This is one made by LS Koncepts... correct? Don't suppose you have an LS Koncepts pillar post gauge pod also???

Don't have anything else. I can send u that emblem.

04_Sport,
LS Koncepts, didn't make them, he just sold them, he'd get them in, in small batches, then pawned them off. G-RELL might have your pillar pod for sale unless he gifted it to Hite.

LS4me,
Thank for the confirmation, I thought it was orange all this time for sure also

Right now I might just be talking smoke.

I STILL have the rear suspension and cooling system work to do on my LS... and the truck needs some tlc too. At the current moment I'm dumping a bunch of money into the house, (repairs and improvements). I'm not married... but the house is my wife,,, and the LS and F150 are my mistresses... and they're ALL taking up all my time and money. At least they don't argue with me :)

So many plans... and not enough time. No wonder I haven't been able to do any mods on the LS. Way down on the priorities list.

I STILL have the rear suspension...

The rear of my wife's LS feels a little loosey-goosey over uneven surfaces so I guess the rear lateral links are bad. I figured I'd do the stabilizer bar links while I'm there. My conundrum is do I want to spend the money on a car where parts are becoming more scarce by the day??? I'm leaning toward selling it while it is still worth something.

My original toe links have almost 180k miles on them. So for a couple hundred bucks it will be good for about the same more. Lower control arms for another $500 should give me another 150k or more. Sway bar links were replaced at 80K with greasable Moog version for about $35 each,,, and are still going strong.

A person will put into their vehicle... what the vehicle is worth to them. Most suspension parts aren't necessarily scarce,,, just hard to find... and may not be cheap. Many Jag parts will fit,,, and the aftermarket is slowly producing what is no longer supplied by the OEM.

Might want to check your rear lower contol arms... especially the rear bushing on each one. I drilled mine and installed grease fittings. That helped for a while,,, but 2 oil changes ago I noticed that when I greased the left rear,,, the contol arm moved. That explained the waggle I was feeling at the time in the backend of my LS.

Hope this helps

My original toe links have almost 180k miles on them. So for a couple hundred bucks it will be good for about the same more. Lower control arms for another $500 should give me another 150k or more. Sway bar links were replaced at 80K with greasable Moog version for about $35 each,,, and are still going strong.

A person will put into their vehicle... what the vehicle is worth to them. Most suspension parts aren't necessarily scarce,,, just hard to find... and may not be cheap. Many Jag parts will fit,,, and the aftermarket is slowly producing what is no longer supplied by the OEM.

Might want to check your rear lower contol arms... especially the rear bushing on each one. I drilled mine and installed grease fittings. That helped for a while,,, but 2 oil changes ago I noticed that when I greased the left rear,,, the contol arm moved. That explained the waggle I was feeling at the time in the backend of my LS.

Hope this helps

It's not the suspension parts (with the exception of the non-existent affordable shocks) that concern me. Interior parts are pretty much gone, as well as body parts (no '06 front bumper).

Ill buy for 150 bucks today paypal lol.

Bud they fetch over 3 bills when they get posted on eBay. Bidding wars go stupid over a piece of molded plastic. 150 is not even what he paid for it.

I paid 175 for both of mine.
175 x 2 that is.

I can list them on eBay including a set of 1st gen two tone Euro inner tail lamps and watch stupid money being offered.

Thank you RigLS.

So you have 2tone Gen1 tails? Lol.

After doing some research... ther original LS Koncepts "Mclaren" grills... were originally sold for about $30,,, in "the raw". Maybe there is no version of the "punch holed" Mclaren grille anymore... but I'd pay much more for a "true" Mclaren LS grille... than I'd pay for any aftermarket grille. Sorry... but practicality,,, meets frugalness at this point. If i want to make my LS... something it's not,,, I'm going to use intended upgrade parts... understanding that the upgraded parts were in the best idea of the intended performance of the LS.

This holds true of the 13" rotor front brake upgrade... and the proper upgrade of the rear brakes.... Posted in threads on this forum in years past. (how people forget or ignore)... the upgrades of the LS,,, is beyond me... other than a bad memory.

Sorry to hijack your thread Benny... not my intention. I hope you get what you are asking.

Members online

No members online now.
Back