McLaren grill $250

I won't. But it is what it is. Loving these car's you have yo know your going to loose mny. And as an OG told me once a while back LS game is dead. I was hard headed, but I'm seeing he was right. Just gonna look for a nice one and sit back an love it an keep to myself. Thank you for info.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

LS4... Shocks are available,,, when searching for a Jag S-type. Springs too with careful research. I have a set of Bilstein #24-026628 shocks,,, that seeem to fit the LS. Been waiting for the time to install them. Jag springs seem to be available too. Have part numbers somwhere. It's a matter of finding them and seeing how they work on the LS. I have ALL parts to install on rear suspension... just not time to install and see how they work together.

Too divided at this point. Sorry KingBenny,,, I have to pass because others need to know how my financial expenditure works out on converting the LS to a Jag suspension.

LS4,,, thanks for the re-focus!!! I'm gonna get on this soon.

King Benny...

Sorry about hijacking your thread. I'm interested in what you have to sell,,, but am more interested in getting my LS performing properly. Sorry if I misled you. hHope you get what ypu want.

No need to b sorry. Wish u luck.

Sent from my SM-G360P using Tapatalk

LS4... Shocks are available,,, when searching for a Jag S-type. .

IIRC the lower shock mount is different and needs modification to fit the LS. IMHO the only shocks worth putting on the LS would be the S-Type or Motorcraft factory shocks. I had the available Monroe's on for a couple of months... They SUCKED!

It's not really the suspension I'm concerned about; it's the trim, body and lighting (AFAIK I have the last driver's side HID available up in my garage).

LS4...

IIRC the only issue is with the front shocks,,, when working from Jag to Lincoln, (depending on year). I'm working from the rear to the front. There was a guy from Mehico that did the front conversion with no problems... and the rears were never an issue according to the poster.

Bud they fetch over 3 bills when they get posted on eBay. Bidding wars go stupid over a piece of molded plastic. 150 is not even what he paid for it.

I paid 175 for both of mine.
175 x 2 that is.

Yeah... that's kinda ridiculous for something that originally sold for roughly $50 when it first came out. Same with the pillar post gauge pods. Don't get me wrong,,, I'd pay the money if it were a priority for me... but I have other interests I need to feed first.

I want a Miller Multimatic 215 welder. Mig, Tig, and Stick weld from an inveter welder, (mostly made in the U.S.). I have a larger setup that will "do all"... but it's a PITA to set up a gas drive for a 5 minute weld job,,, and what I have won't go down to 5 amps, (Tig), for small jobs.

Miller Multi Process Welders and Multiprocess Welding Machines - MillerWelds

KB,

Enjoy the time with your son now... and mold him into the person with the charcter and respect that you want him to have and deserve. The fun will come later when he may challenge your authority... so enjoy now. My son is 25 at this time,,, and we have bumped head many times.

Speaking of bump... you're welcome. Hope you sell. In todays dollars,,, your price is good.

IIRC the lower shock mount is different and needs modification to fit the LS.
LS4,

That is only on the front,,, and only if you try to adapt front shocks from a 2003 or newer Jag. They have a "stirrup/horseshoe" type mount on the front. Supposedly... the Bilstein 2002 Jag front shocks are direct fit on the LS.

Again... the Bilstein rear shocks seem to be direct fit for the numbers I provided. Only problem is that rear lower shock isolator only comes with OEM shocks. Isolators are re-useable if not cracked... but a person is screwed if the isolator is split/cracked. Energy Suspension has an isolator that is "close"... but will not work due to dimensions. I have a boneyard near me with a gen 1 LS. Give me some time... and I will contact Energy Suspension,,, and explain our dilemma... and ship them the lower shock isolator from a gen 1, (after double checking same part dimensions with a Gen 2). Planning on doing this in the next few weeks when I finally get to changing out my rear suspension parts. Hopefully the Black on black gen 1 is still there. It was about 3 months ago.

Another bump KB. People are trying. ;)

LS4 aned others interested.

There is a past link where Deaconblue and I, (and others) discuss converting the LS to Jag springs and Bilstein shocks. For the most part this is worked out, (except the bottom spring isolators), because most OEM LS shocks are unobtainium... and for some reason the Bilstein Jag shocks don't come with the lower spring isolators.

LS4,,,

I bumped the link a few days ago... hoping you would see it and join in. Maybe you missed it,,, but here it is. This Bilstein/Jag option may be our only option to a "factory" ride height... without wanting the option of "lowered" springs.

Bilstein shocks and factory Jaguar S-type springs

I paid $125 to LSKoncepts for my McLaren grille in 2005.

Rollin,

Not saying you got a bad deal. Again... I've seen your recent posts,,, and know your loss. You put alot of time, energy, and effort into your LS. Hope you find another to customize and revive to LVC status. Me being me... I'd look for a while,,, and get disgusted,,, then give up. Personally,,, I'm looking to get 250K miles out of my LS. If I make it that far... and she blows,,, I'll walk away a happy but remorseful man.... then start looking for another Panther body to convert the way I wanted to from the beginning.

I may get hate mail for saying this,,, but the LS was a downsized version of the Panther Body. That's why it is so appealing. A "mini" cop car in Euorpean dress.

Last edited:
Just gonna look for a nice one and sit back an love it an keep to myself.
I guess that has been my thought all along. Thanks KB!!! Then when the time comes... I'll step back into a Panther and do real and afforable mods that will put cop cars to shame. Then again... if the body of my LS survives long enough,,, it may see some factory/OEM mods that most people on this forum... don't think are possible. THAT all depends on who you talk to,,, and how helpful they are willing to be

(AFAIK I have the last driver's side HID available up in my garage)

I tried to say that the HID's were NLA... and got heavily chastised. Joegr and Ford parts disagree with you and I... unless you have $2K+ per headlight assembly to fork out... or $800+ for the ballast and light only. Never tried to order either from Ford... so I don't know if the Ford website is inaccurate

just tried to add HID ballast assembly to cart... and given same message about low demand.

So guru tells old fart he's full of sh!t???

Sorry... you had that one coming!!! , (not directed at you LS4). He know's who HE is!!!

Again... seems I have a better memory than given credit for!!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back