12's KICKING DOWN THE DOOR N/A

Say whattttttttttttttttttt? :eek: With those mods in your sig, you haven't broken out of the 15's?

The air is always 2.5k and up when I've gone. I've gone 14.6 corrected with a 2.2x 60 on the old wheels and tires. I need to find a good night when its cool and dry and the track prep is good and try then. Seems like I never have time tho :(

Side note I only lost to a 3.73 tune Mach by about 1.5 cars from a dig tonight. So I feels a bit better

I commend you Frank.... its all about the details.

You remind me of my friend Shannon.... he has an '89 Mustang lx coupe, fuel injected.... just running a 306, and cast iron gt40 heads (non P's!), Systemax intake and a cam....... car runs consistant high 10's N/A!!. And that's not on the spray either..... no spray on the car at all. The devil is in the details!

So would you be so kind as to share them with me? :D :lol:

Shoot id be tickled pink with a Mark running 13.5's, but you know.... 12's would be much gooder..... lol

See the problem here is you guys don't know me. I have been racing/competing against others in a high level for over 25 years now. My first days(1985) it was me alone in my SBF Mustang against EVERYONE in the area with their SBC,BBC chevies. It was me against them and old habits don't die.(tight lipped) I have gotten this in the past being accused of acid dipping panels and leaving every other bolt out of stang. You call drama I call having fun on this site which is suppose to be entertainment. I also show tons and tons of work I have done to car 17 HOW TO articles. Step by step with tons of pics and notes. Some people here not(you), but some expect me to spoon feed them which I will not do. It comes down to "different strokes for different folks"

Competitive nature of racing.

Drag racers are a different breed.
You need a part, they will open the trailer and give it to you hell even help you install it.
But...if they hold a competitive edge good luck finding it out.
Name of the game.

:bow:

The air is always 2.5k and up when I've gone. I've gone 14.6 corrected with a 2.2x 60 on the old wheels and tires. I need to find a good night when its cool and dry and the track prep is good and try then. Seems like I never have time tho :(

Side note I only lost to a 3.73 tune Mach by about 1.5 cars from a dig tonight. So I feels a bit better

You might want to consider a different tune - like maybe Don Lasota's at lasotaracing.com. He can be reached by email or phone available at the website.

I am an open book when people ask but thats me. I respect you Frank. You did something nobody else has done and keeping the details to yourself does not rub me wrong at all.
Its like when people see me fix their car quickly and ask why I still charged an hour when I fixed it in 15 minutes. Well thats cause I knew what I was doing cause I was there before. That knowledge cost money. That same repair would take them a couple hours or most other people at least an hour. I did the research, made the mistakes and learned for it.

I am an open book when people ask but thats me. I respect you Frank. You did something nobody else has done and keeping the details to yourself does not rub me wrong at all.
Its like when people see me fix their car quickly and ask why I still charged an hour when I fixed it in 15 minutes. Well thats cause I knew what I was doing cause I was there before. That knowledge cost money. That same repair would take them a couple hours or most other people at least an hour. I did the research, made the mistakes and learned for it.

+10
I post most of my stuff.. but then again, most would be a little crazy to try it without the skill; but that's how I learn. Costly sometimes but I have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Like that exhaust would me in my driveway

+10
I post most of my stuff.. but then again, most would be a little crazy to try it without the skill; but that's how I learn. Costly sometimes but I have the satisfaction of doing it myself.

Man your autobody skills are off the chart! That one area you don't have to worry about me. :D That's for sure.

The amount I will share about my car setup is directly related to who I am talking to. I don't blame you for not giving out the details on every little thing Frank. You have documented your basic mod list for people out here in the open. That will get them close...it’s those few tenths that come from blood sweat and tears that I probably wouldn't be willing to share either.

You gave them the recipe now they need to bake the cake...cook times may vary due to differences in ovens and altitude :D

On the general comments about not posting slips or videos when you make the claim, that’s your call of course, but this is the interwebz and even after you provide proof there will still be those who question. I would probably throw up a quick shot of the slip with the initial post just to try to prevent the BS, but that’s just me. Congrats on your runs and I am sure it will keep getting quicker as the weather cools off. :burnout:

-Alan

Nice Work Man! In the 12"s N/A, thanks for posting the vid too. Way Cool!

ROTM, funny story. This Vortech 97 that I picked up ran a really high 12 as a result of the safer tune, closed up exhaust and tight converter. From a roll, the car is definitely quicker and I noticed pulls much harder once it is in the boost but I must say that at this stage of the game, I think my silver 98, especially now after the dyno tune feels like it pulls harder out of the hole. I would be willing to bet that from a dig, my silver car could hang quite well with my blown 97 at a 1/8 mile track. When I had 2 passengers with me in the blown car it felt pretty slow. LOL In the first video I botched the shifting. The only reason why I manually shifted is because I am used to higher revs and the 6100 rpm shift point is failsauce (safe) in every way with this setup. I think your car at this point would hang door to door with my blown car. That's not even right. LOL

Here is the comparison:

Blown 97 Mark8 - YouTube

1998 Lincoln Mark VIII LSC WOT after Dyno Tune - YouTube

My focus will be on the silver car after the header gets patched.

Kirk as you are noticing it takes alittle time for the centrificals to "spool" up and get going. They really need some RPM to start making steam. I could see well preped NA car getting out on an avg FI car but then mid track there goes the FI car with 15 more mph on you. You saw that in my first ever post vid where I race my buddies blue 2007 Procharged 462RWHP stang. I smoked him all the way and he passed me 5 feet from stripe @ 115 LOL, I thought I had him. :D

LOL talk about botched shifting on Sat I was double checking 60fts and wanted to "try" shifting. What a crap show that turned out ,my head was bouncing off the steering wheel half the time on the rev limiter.

Congrats on setting history in the Mark VIII world! Want to run my bolt on GTO? :p

Thanks! I have GTO boy here that I have to battle with remember. He has gone 12.67 I think. You have better axles?

Has anyone here had problems with the stock rear end in these cars as far as breaking half shafts off the line? I haven't seen anyone upgrading the half shafts besides installing super coupe axles. Are there any companies out there who make aftermarket stuff that would work with our IRS? I know TOMS differentials makes IRS stuff for 63 and later corvettes..wonder if they make anything for fords like the 99-04 cobras..

Has anyone here had problems with the stock rear end in these cars as far as breaking half shafts off the line? I haven't seen anyone upgrading the half shafts besides installing super coupe axles. Are there any companies out there who make aftermarket stuff that would work with our IRS? I know TOMS differentials makes IRS stuff for 63 and later corvettes..wonder if they make anything for fords like the 99-04 cobras..

I heard cobra 31 spline axles will work in our cars.(w/31 diff) If those will work then there are def companies that make axles for cobras.

Weight reduction is your biggest factor as I had suspected. I noticed the slim profile racing seat on your dragtimes photo and what appeared to me to be the lack of a passenger seat in any form watching your video. I already know you run a motorcycle battery up front because you told me and the 15" drag lites with the front runners weigh nothing. You should have actually scaled your car because I would think that 3900# is a bit more than what it actually weighs. I was 4040# full street trim in a heavy Gen2. You're more than just 140# lighter.

I know how tight-lipped you are, but that's fine. I have enough ideas from you now where I think I could be dancing on the fence of 12s without a problem. I know I'm low 13s now already. I'll let Doug go first, but I'm next after that. And my ac hasn't worked for a couple years, so I'm ripping that chit out too.

Members online

No members online now.
Back