12's KICKING DOWN THE DOOR N/A

th_10-12-2012firstrun.gif

Please rewatch this vid. You can see exactly where the staging line beams are. You will see 2 red fire ext at center of track right after that is the black beam box on ground. You can watch me stage and pull up to the box with MY FRONT TIRES and see pre stage and then stage bulb light up while i'm lined up with beam box.

If anyone here sees anything different PLEASE post.

You can easily prove me wrong by posting the other time slips from that day. If I'm wrong I will give you a sincere and from the bottom of my heart apology with a complete retraction.

OK I will post and then I really still don't know how I will feel about you DON.

Don here you go. Please note ALL 60ft are in the 1.7 range. Here are the 60fts 1.745,1.729.1.727,1.720 and to top it off the next day I went 1.714.
003-34.jpg

Sorry I'm wrong but you can blame the person taking the video because it pans down and away from the tree at just the appropriate time that would allow this to take place. So again sorry I'm wrong but I just had to ask. I didn't feel as bad about saying it because there is a easy way to disprove it. Otherwise I'm not sure if I'd have said anything.

Sorry If I'm wrong but I was on LOD were they also were shocked and just happened to be looking at some of my time slips and saw that yellow one posted above. Then I went back and looked at the video in slow motion. Well if I'm wrong you can blame the person taking the video because it pans down at just the appropriate time that would allow this to take place. So sorry If I'm wrong but I just had to ask. I didn't feel as bad about saying it because there is a easy way to disprove it. Otherwise I'm not sure if I'd have said anything.

I don''t and other here don't know what the HECK you are talking about. The vid is smooth and tracks the car constant. You can watch the bulbs light up on vid. You also never really apologized by blaming it on the vid guy.

Because I'm not working for anyone else. Let me ask you the same ? what if you did all this and where asked to tell all about it. Would you?

Good question.. part of me says I would want to tell all about it and try and help everybody get a little bit faster. I can also understand where you're coming from, and how it may seem like you are doing all the work for others. I was seriously debating selling out and getting something easy like a mustard or Fail body, but you and your car keep hope alive for me in the car, espicially the way you are doing it on a budget, and I sure as hell need all the help I can get :D

Because I'm not working for anyone else. Let me ask you the same ? what if you did all this and where asked to tell all about it. Would you?

Did all this - what? If it were me, I would if I were asked.

It's not like you're racing for pinks after all. :p

I've told all and try to help others when I can. I'm the owner, the reasearcher, the purchaser, and the planner. But my brother Barry and his son Charles turn the wrenches as Barry owns BARRY'S PERFORMANCE. I would like to use his garage for my self but I would just get in there way. So hats off to you Frank & Driller & DLF and all you guys who do it all yourself.

Frank awesome job on this and getting your car to where it is. Keep the info as you worked for it. I do not understand why anyone would try to discredit what you have done because you were the first to do it.

Frank, with that Cobra intake and a set of aftermarket cams (which would be your largest expense yet LOL) I am confident that you could run mid12s all motor. That to me is just amazing on top of what you have already done. This right here seriously blows out of the water the whole opinion of these cars and what people originally thought they were capable of on a stock engine with no power adder. You're crazy and I like it. :D

Indeed it's impressive. I have run 12.8 but my car had a 3.02 rear end and no posi. I did have nearly 475 horse though.

To pull an impressive launch, very nice 60', a good 1/8 mile and a great finish is sweet. Doing it right. I think properly building and tuning a naturally aspirated motor to this level is one of the most amazing things you can do with a car. I had a buddy in the early 70s who could take a 327 and pull nearly 400 horse out of it with no puff or turbo. This is down the same road. The motor I would buy if I could afford it is the coyote 5 liter crate motor just because the natural power is so responsive.

Frank, with that Cobra intake and a set of aftermarket cams (which would be your largest expense yet LOL) I am confident that you could run mid12s all motor. That to me is just amazing on top of what you have already done. This right here seriously blows out of the water the whole opinion of these cars and what people originally thought they were capable of on a stock engine with no power adder. You're crazy and I like it. :D

Thanks Kirk! But you know me and I will never shell out 1400 for cams. I got me my cobra cams and thats about it for me, when I install them. But then that cost some money for some specific 4.6 cam degree tools.

Indeed it's impressive. I have run 12.8 but my car had a 3.02 rear end and no posi. I did have nearly 475 horse though.

To pull an impressive launch, very nice 60', a good 1/8 mile and a great finish is sweet. Doing it right. I think properly building and tuning a naturally aspirated motor to this level is one of the most amazing things you can do with a car. I had a buddy in the early 70s who could take a 327 and pull nearly 400 horse out of it with no puff or turbo. This is down the same road. The motor I would buy if I could afford it is the coyote 5 liter crate motor just because the natural power is so responsive.

Reminds me of my old 302 stock block ,crank and rods cast iron heads circa 1989 I was making 455HP N/A and running 10.70's@127 in my stang. I loved that engine beat that thing for 5 years! Gotta remember late 80's there was really no internet. LOL

Did all this - what? If it were me, I would if I were asked.

It's not like you're racing for pinks after all. :p

I've made quite detailed posts about everything that I've done. Without trying to create any drama. As J.P. says, we're not racing for money. :rolleyes:

However, that's just the way I am, and it doesn't mean that everyone has to. You have a perfect right to keep secrets. However, that means that some will suspect you of doing something underhanded and you'll have to get used to that.

Transparency breeds trust, secrecy breeds suspicion. :shifty:

BTW, The suggestion that you staged the rear tires was just wrong, on so many levels. :eek:

Reminds me of my old 302 stock block ,crank and rods cast iron heads circa 1989 I was making 455HP N/A and running 10.70's@127 in my stang. I loved that engine beat that thing for 5 years! Gotta remember late 80's there was really no internet. LOL

10.70s with only 450+ hp? That must have been an all out race car then..what gear and converter? And how much weight?

So once the cams and intake are done and it only runs a few tenths quicker..THEN WHAT? Power adder? Stronger internals? Stroker? I just say f*ck it and skip this in between part of running 12s and throw in that BBC from your mustang! :D shoot for 10 oh!

I've made quite detailed posts about everything that I've done. Without trying to create any drama. As J.P. says, we're not racing for money. :rolleyes:

However, that's just the way I am, and it doesn't mean that everyone has to. You have a perfect right to keep secrets. However, that means that some will suspect you of doing something underhanded and you'll have to get used to that.

Transparency breeds trust, secrecy breeds suspicion. :shifty:

BTW, The suggestion that you staged the rear tires was just wrong, on so many levels. :eek:
See the problem here is you guys don't know me. I have been racing/competing against others in a high level for over 25 years now. My first days(1985) it was me alone in my SBF Mustang against EVERYONE in the area with their SBC,BBC chevies. It was me against them and old habits don't die.(tight lipped) I have gotten this in the past being accused of acid dipping panels and leaving every other bolt out of stang. You call drama I call having fun on this site which is suppose to be entertainment. I also show tons and tons of work I have done to car 17 HOW TO articles. Step by step with tons of pics and notes. Some people here not(you), but some expect me to spoon feed them which I will not do. It comes down to "different strokes for different folks"

See the problem here is you guys don't know me. I have been racing/competing against others in a high level for over 25 years now. My first days(1985) it was me alone in my SBF Mustang against EVERYONE in the area with their SBC,BBC chevies. It was me against them and old habits don't die.(tight lipped) I have gotten this in the past being accused of acid dipping panels and leaving every other bolt out of stang. You call drama I call having fun on this site which is suppose to be entertainment. I also show tons and tons of work I have done to car 17 HOW TO articles. Step by step with tons of pics and notes. Some people here not(you), but some expect me to spoon feed them which I will not do. It comes down to "different strokes for different folks"

+1

Agreed! Even though some folks on here, would like to know what you have done, to achieve such a great accomplishment, there is no problem at all, with keeping it to yourself. Take great pride in what you have done, because YOU done it, and that should make you feel great, as YOU built that car. Yes, it's nice to know what you have done, and nice to help others out, but once again, nothing wrong with keeping it to yourself. It's like that kid who sat next to you in class, and looked at your answers and cheated, and what did he learn from that? Nothing.

+1

Agreed! Even though some folks on here, would like to know what you have done, to achieve such a great accomplishment, there is no problem at all, with keeping it to yourself. Take great pride in what you have done, because YOU done it, and that should make you feel great, as YOU built that car. Yes, it's nice to know what you have done, and nice to help others out, but once again, nothing wrong with keeping it to yourself. It's like that kid who sat next to you in class, and looked at your answers and cheated, and what did he learn from that? Nothing.

This. Sorry frank if I came across as wanting to be spoon fed. Hell I haven't even broken out if the 15s yet lol

Members online

Back