Quik LS

Hope all turns out ok Lou prayers going out. hate to see pictures like that. And F U C K the guys being dicks

thanx guys -
well sad news - but certainly a great chapter in my life.

Quik LS is gone.

We were merging from an on-ramp onto a highway - fairly empty road. Just got up to about 55mph and a little 'wiggle' in the rear as I changed lanes. Looks like a broke 'something' in the rear driver's side - axle, shock, lower control arm ...it was running the stock open-diff at the time. Likely broke during the acceleration onto the highway, although I never felt anything until I tried to change lanes and work my way from the slow lane to the middle lane. I ended up just 'kissing' the median with the driver's side - but rubbed the driver's side front&rear fenders, front&rear doors, ..etc. it had rained but the road was fairly dry - not sure if I spun the wheels getting on the gas - may have spun and grabbed - then broke....

no airbags, no 'impact' per-say. I did break my nose on the steering wheel and cut my head on the a-pillar gauge pod. All fine.

Insurance paid out - and actually did well on it - so I am not going to repurchase the car, in an attempt to fix it or part it out. Pulled the sub-woofer box, a-pillar guages, but left everything else....

But - end of an era for me...

The LS was not a 'great' daily driver and was suffering from neglect as the Lotus became the go-forward money pit....

moment of silence....

^^^

Nice to hear your ok and that it was nothing to serious. Cars can always be replaced no matter the amount of work that goes into them....

Quik LS is gone.

Dude I read that and my heart sank as I thought it was a relative/friend/spouse jumping on your account to post that you were dead.

Really sad to hear about the car but at least you're alright. Did the supercharger get smooshed?

Ditto on a tragic loss to the Ls world. But as many have said a car can be replaced but a life cant! As long as Lou and his family are ok nothing else matters. Lou hope all is well.

thanx guys -
well sad news - but certainly a great chapter in my life.

Quik LS is gone.

We were merging from an on-ramp onto a highway - fairly empty road. Just got up to about 55mph and a little 'wiggle' in the rear as I changed lanes. Looks like a broke 'something' in the rear driver's side - axle, shock, lower control arm ...it was running the stock open-diff at the time. Likely broke during the acceleration onto the highway, although I never felt anything until I tried to change lanes and work my way from the slow lane to the middle lane. I ended up just 'kissing' the median with the driver's side - but rubbed the driver's side front&rear fenders, front&rear doors, ..etc. it had rained but the road was fairly dry - not sure if I spun the wheels getting on the gas - may have spun and grabbed - then broke....

no airbags, no 'impact' per-say. I did break my nose on the steering wheel and cut my head on the a-pillar gauge pod. All fine.

Insurance paid out - and actually did well on it - so I am not going to repurchase the car, in an attempt to fix it or part it out. Pulled the sub-woofer box, a-pillar guages, but left everything else....

But - end of an era for me...

The LS was not a 'great' daily driver and was suffering from neglect as the Lotus became the go-forward money pit....

moment of silence....

Sucks to see that the baddest LS on the road is no more but I am glad that you're alright Lou. To the guy speculating that this was a case of drunk driving it just goes to show that one should ASSUME because it only makes an ass out of you and me.

Glad you came out OK quick. Sucks that such a unique LS is gone, but hopefully we can keep you around to keep helping us out.

Glad you are ok Quik. Glad it was nothing serious. Blood always looks worse than it actually is. I think SOMEONE needs to apologize, now that the truth has come from the "horses mouth" per say. Now it is time for someone to make a new "Quik LS" :D

Quick LS may be gone but it will never be forgotten by this community. Glad you're okay and best of luck to you with your next project Lou.

I hope you choose to stick around here and on LLSOC to guide us when we need help :)

like everyone has said I'm glad your ok. From the time I first joined LVC, your LS and Greyghost's were my favorite.
On a lighter note, hopefully the car crashing gods will be satisfied with taking the best LS and leave the rest of us alone.

Glad you are ok Quik. You, your 'charged LS and your many contributions to the LS community will never be forgotten.

That is fantastic news Lou, not do much about the car. But hey opens up room for next project

Funny how now toe utter hasn't posted now wierd how that works

Great news!! We were getting a little worried. Maybe a Gen II in the future :D

Good to hear all is good. That sticky on your supercharge should come back as a sticky as a memorial to one of the best LS's ever!

Wow,
leave you guys alone for two days and wrecks are the results !

Sorry about the loss Lou, don't know you, don't know anyone here really,
but glad all is ok with you and everyone. Cars are only materialistic items.

sad to read and see ...

all the best with the nose !

Glad you're ok.

Well it seems like it was a good ride in the ls, thanks for all the work you did for the community :Beer

In memory.......

0047_1366x768-Final_Revised.jpg

Sorry you the lost the LS, Lou - but VERY glad to hear you're all right. When the rubber is no longer meeting the road, that's what really matters.

You're a legend here, and will probably always be. Someone's gonna have to do an awful lot to surpass the performance you achieved with your LS.

Quik, I'm glad you're in better shape than the pictures lead on, but like everyone here, am saddened to see the baddest LS be smashed up and be auctioned off. As long as you're still breathing and in the right state of mind, than all is well and nothing more can be asked for. I wish you the best and hope you stay on this forum.

Members online

No members online now.
Back