Z4HO SCT chipped vs. W3Z2 non chipped

Hardly scientific. What were the outside conditions/differences and more importantly the IAT temps on both runs? Would be interesting to see the timing differences as well.

also are you sure you timed to 60mph correctly as most speedometers are off. of all the cars I've ever owned my crown vic's were usually the only ones spot on or close even. i think i gps standard would be better ie from your phone or an equipped radio.

The scientific truth will come out the next time I go to Beech Bend Drag Strip...hopefully this coming Tuesday night...the car has stronger pull under heavy acceleration with the W3Z2 based on me being the 99.9% driver of this car for the past 100K miles.

And my stock Z4H0 car ran the same time at the track as my 4.10 geared W3Z2 car...

Beechbend Dragstrip

Got a late start from Nashville which rolled me into Beechbend at 9 PM they wouldn't let me run because they were shutting the track down at 9:30 :mad:

But I did get to go up in the tower and hang with the track announcer who saw my car and really liked and wish he could let me go but the track owner said no....on a happier note I averaged 23.1 MPG on the way up which I haven't seen since I had stock gears.

Found out Beechbend also does open track night on Saturday nights :):):):):D:D:D:cool::cool::cool: this Saturday night might be another roadtrip...

Ran Marked8 ran a 14.6 on my stock 94 Mark VIII with the Z4HO and no mods.

I love how everyone says they ran this or that with their stock Mark...show me some proof or it didn't happen or if it did happen you caught lightening in a bottle on that one run. I have owned my car for 100K miles and no way do these pigs run under 15 seconds consistently without mods.

once or more than once?

The Z4H0 car was pretty consistent 15.9x's as long as the density altitude wasn't much over 7500ft. The W3Z2 car was only run at the track once (well, once without nitrous) with a DA of 7100ft. IIRC the Z4 car trapped about 3mph higher running the same 15.9x.

And if my Z4H0 car ran 15.9x up here, damn right it would run 14.x at sea level, probably around 14.6-14.7.

I love how everyone says they ran this or that with their stock Mark...show me some proof or it didn't happen or if it did happen you caught lightening in a bottle on that one run. I have owned my car for 100K miles and no way do these pigs run under 15 seconds consistently without mods.

The timeslips were posted here for several years and the car was legit. In fact, it is not close to even being rare. Car ran a 14.651 at 97.21 with good air and a sticky track.

Sorry I also see no proof of such. Just a fuzzy unreadable time slip.
You can believe what you want to believe. The car ran the time, others have run similar times stock as well.

Again sorry if this upset you just looking for the facts with proof of the fastest stock Mark VIII. Do you know of proof of any others ???

The timeslips were posted here for several years and the car was legit. In fact, it is not close to even being rare. Car ran a 14.651 at 97.21 with good air and a sticky track.

I give you that but when was the next time you came even close to that time with that same stock Mark VIII? If you didn't than you caught lightening in a bottle with a bone stock Z4HO ecu.

I give you that but when was the next time you came even close to that time with that same stock Mark VIII? If you didn't than you caught lightening in a bottle with a bone stock Z4HO ecu.

The car was sold to mespock shortly afterward.

Members online

No members online now.
Back