Yup...got the valve cover seal leak

Pete02LSE

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I've been putting off changing the plugs in the LSE for quite a while now. We got the car in October 04 and I wanted to change them then...but...I've always been afraid of the valve cover seal leak.

Welp...today...I decided to jump on the plug change. As any good mechanic...I figure I'd build a little confidence and start on the passenger side first. So...I get everything out of the way (noticed a decent amount of oil on the first plug wire)...and insert the extension and plug socket into the first plug galley on the passenger side. I could HEAR the oil squish when I seated it on the socket. Now I'm thinking not good. Because I had everything apart...I went ahead and did the other 3 on the passenger side. The oil was just as bad in the 2nd galley. 3 and 4 were dry. Plug 4 had some weird looking browish rust with a bit of white powder (like a corrosion) on it...makes me think there was a misfire condition at sometime. Strange thing...the car idles and accelerates fine...no misfire detected.

Anyway...all that to say...I only changed the passenger side. I'll be ordering the full gasket/seal kit next week. Hopefully the two coil packs will survive for a couple of weeks. Then I'll jump on the gasket/seal replacement.

BTW...enough oil leaked down in the cylinder to cause some serious blue smoke when I first fired it up.

:Bang

-Pete
02LSE

Members online

No members online now.
Back