Your Top 5 LS Maintenance Tips

quadzilla

LVC Member
Reaction score
With the '00 V8 LS Sport rolling over 70k, I want to do some good preventative maintenance on her. I already take good care of the oil and tires. What are the Top 5 (maybe you have more) maintenance items you'd make sure were done?

I drive fleet vehicles for my job and never make it that far before ordering a new one, so I get a little nervous and feel like I'm walking the high-wire as 75k begins rolling closer.

Thanks in advance, Q

I would definitely do a transmission flush at that mileage. I'd also change the brake fluid. And why not give the car a good detailing and coat of wax?

well ive seen alot of problems with misfiring due to ignition coils getting oil on them, trough leaky valve cover gaskets so u might wanna replace that or just the seal around it. im gonna do it to mine soon, i heard it only happens to 00' and 01'.

I'd think seriously about changing spark plugs. Tey are spec'd for 100,000 mi, but go that long and you may find one stuck so badly that the threads on the aluminum heads get stripped taking them out--not a good thing and $$$$$ to fix.

Members online

Back