Yet another underdrive pulley question...

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
Ok guys, I searched a bit, and found out that apparently there are two different styles of them. Regular replacement and "Piggyback" style. I see the Steeds are a popular one

How do the piggyback style work? And will they fit my '93? I have a chance to get a set of Mac's for a very good price. However they are piggyback style...

Any input?

Don't recommend piggy back style. Peeps will now come on and say
"I use/d them no problems" .

Ok, but now that you say that, what reason do you have? Faulty design? Bad experience?

You understand how piggy back works right? You have to remove your cast iron balancer then bolt alum pulley to back. Now the alum pulley is the part pressing onto the crank. The fit of this is critical. Aftermarket units are more open on this tolerance. Also right behind the balancer is the oil pump with powdered metal gears that don't like vibs and shatter. Say bye bye to engine if this happens. There are alot of peeps running them. You asked for input so i gave my 2 cents. The Steeda one has alot of bad feedback too. The March 1158 steel SFI approved underdrive fluid damper is nice piece and cheap. DLF and I have done threads on them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back