Yet another question.

chris

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ive already gotten some great help from the folks here and the more I read the the more I know. But heres my dilemma, I had to change out my blend door actuator today and once I was done I have a check engine light. I'm sure I reconnected everything I disconnected so I dont think thats it. I did have the battery disconnected the whole time as well. I followed the procedure I found linked in one of the threads I found here to the letter. I did notice that after I got it put back together the idle was kinda lopey, it cycled up and down 3-400 rpms. Even after the idle smoothed out I could feel a stumble. I think it may have had the CEL all along but for some reason after removing and reinstalling the message center buttons it came on, Ive never seen the CEL on even when the car wasnt running. Anyone have anything I should check or should I just belly up to the service desk at the local Dealership?? Thanks for the help.

Have you pulled the codes? From what I have read here is that an Auto Zone type place may pull the codes for you or lend you the tool to do so. That is a good place to start.
On my replacement I had knocked loose a vacuum connector that controlled my vent selection, it was behind the glove box. But it didn't cause a CEL.

Thanks for the idea, I may have to go to Autozone tomorrow and see what I can see.

Update...

Just got back from Autozone where they scanned it for me. It had 3 codes; bank 1 is lean and 2 emissions controls codes. I have the battery disconnected now to see if it clears. If not is there anything I should look at before taking it to the stealership?? Thank you.

Sounds like the oxygen sensors didn't like how it was running after start up. It may go away, if its running fine now. It takes a long time for the CEL to go away on its own, and disconnecting the battery may do the same thing. Should of had the codes deleted when they were pluged in.

Update 2

Left the battery disconnected for an hour or so when I hooked it back up all seemed well. I really appreciate all the help from everyone who answered. Merry Christmas all.

You also might check that you didn't distirb any of the vacuum lines under the dash for the vent controls. Just a thought.

Members online

Back