Yet another extended warranty thread

Kulow

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, so I've read through about 15 of these extended warranty threads and here is my situation and my subsequent lingering questions:

Situation: Bought an '02 Lincoln LS on 2/3/07 and at the time did not have the money to pay for or include in the car payments the Lincoln ESP, due to my loan restrictions, and due to my car being older than 48 months old I cannot purchase an ESP anymore.

Question: Some of you have used third party warranty groups, the one I have looked in to the most is the one from www.carchex.com aka www.smartautowarranty.com; What are yall's experience with this company if you have used them, if not...who have you used and do you recommend them?

I purchased my car back in November and I got a 2 year extended warranty on it, engine and transmission though, its not a bumper to bumper.

IMHO Third party extended warranties are a rip-off.

I purchased my 01 LS in February and purchased an 3rd party extended warranty, 2 weeks later, misfire(VCG), I payed my $100 deductible and was on my way.

It cost me $2000 I think for the warranty, when I get home from work I can check the name of the company, I think it was CNA or something like that.

I bought an 03 LS and it still has 5 months left on the factory warranty. Also bought an ESP from Mepco. 5 years (100,000) bumper to bumper, free towing, free roadside assistance, free rental car = $195 down, $97 month ($1999 total). I feel better having it than not having it. And the bonus is I can cancel at anytime I want.

it cost me 2000 bucks from miami lincoln mercury, its not so bad, basically comes out to 1000 a year.

I was quoted $1665 for 5 years 100k miles. 10% down and $124 a month for a year.

I bought an 03 LS and it still has 5 months left on the factory warranty. Also bought an ESP from Mepco. 5 years (100,000) bumper to bumper, free towing, free roadside assistance, free rental car = $195 down, $97 month ($1999 total). I feel better having it than not having it. And the bonus is I can cancel at anytime I want.

I got mine through Mepco, but the main place is like Great Atlantic Warranty. I got what you did and they said I could cancel for a refund. After I got rid of it 8 months ago or so they said my refund was on the way right after cancellation, have yet to see it. No one answers my calls either. Good luck if you ever cancel and they say you are getting money back

I got mine through Mepco, but the main place is like Great Atlantic Warranty. I got what you did and they said I could cancel for a refund. After I got rid of it 8 months ago or so they said my refund was on the way right after cancellation, have yet to see it. No one answers my calls either. Good luck if you ever cancel and they say you are getting money back

they never said i'd get a refund. i only pay per month so its just some assurance from my end. they just said i could cancel whenever and would not be obligated to continue paying. i like it for the ease of mind and its not too hard on a college kids budget.

Well that is good than, atleast they did not give you a false hope of getting back money wasted.

Members online

No members online now.
Back