Yet another brake/turn light ?

slaphappy95

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 95 Mark VIII , the situation was only the 3rd brake light would work and one turn signal up front, I replaced all the dual bulbs in the back and still get nothing , I didnt see any problems on wire harness, get fast blinkers on the instrument display Its amazing how pissed this car has gotten me , any help appreciated . James

She is a mean Mistress, the Mark VIII. You are mad because you love her, only to be shuned, for her needs outweigh yours. Get used to it friend! Welcome to the club!
Check for pinched wires in the loom that runs in the trunk to your lights. Sounds like a ground issue. Have you checked for voltage at the lamp socket?

Yeah I went through the harness I didnt see anything knicked or loose at plugs , As for the voltage part I left my meter at work :mad: , as for a loose ground where should I look ,does lincoln usually use a black wire to identify this? thanks for all your help!!!

I'm not sure about color coding. If you find a black not landed, that may be the culprit.

checked it all again and it looks fine in the trunk, even if I did have a loose ground wouldnt the running lights in the trunk not turn on?

Its weird all the lights turn on , no turn signals in the back only the front. 3rd brake light turns on when brake is pressed.......

slaphappy95 said:
I replaced all the dual bulbs in the back and still get nothing

Alright, so you do have running lights. A test light or that meter from work would be great right about now. I haven't looked at my rear lamps to know what else that could be impeding the signal. The only time I have ran into this, I had put the lamp in backwards on my '64. Not easy to do w/ an 1157, but I manage to do so. I'm sure that the Mark has a different lamp design.

the 3rd only lights when pressed, and have you checked your multi function switch VERY common prob on all FoMoCo veh i replace at least 2 a day let me check and see what wires from the multi function switch are for the rear sig's

remove stering coloum cover unbolt the switch from the coloum and ground the test light and then put the probe into the back of the conn on the light green wire with a orange tracer on it and turn on your left turn sig if the test light blinks then the switch is ok and the right side wire is orange with a light blue tracer on it, the wire colors should be correct cuz i figured you got a 95 mark and ford only offers online diag for the last 10 years so i looked for a 96 and they should be the same ford dont change wire colors that much, if it dont blink or light at all then the switch isnt sending the signal to the rear of the veh

Members online

No members online now.
Back