window issues

icepik

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1999 TC sig., and the drivers window is giving me problems. It will roll down all day long, but when I go to roll it up it gives me a delay. Sometimes 1-2 seconds, sometimes it just doesn't want to come up at all. My first thought was that the switch was bad, and now I'm leaning towards the motor being worn out. Maybe the brushes are starting to stick? (do these window motors have brushes?) Anyone have any ideas on this one? I am electrically illiterate!

The window regulators go out all the time on the rear windows maby theis is your problem

I am having a similar problem with mine but mine is electrical. I can roll the window down with no problem but have to play with the switch to get it back up. It can take some time. I removed the panel and played with the wire that goes into the switch. It works fine when I push it in but it always goes back to its intermittent operation. I can't figure out if it is a binding wire or the window switch. I considered purchasing a new switch off ebay but hate to spend the money if that isn't the problem. Has anyone had this similar problem and how did you solve it? Thanks.

AG

Members online

Back