will this fix it

79ford

LVC Member
Reaction score
When my transmission shifts from 1st to 2nd it jerks the whole car and when it down shifts the RPM's drop way down and sometimes the car stalls out.Im hoping by replacing the accumulator piston and the springs will fix this problem. If anyone has anymore info it would be a great help.

2new springs and accum. will fix the jerking, but i personaly havent seen broken accum. springs cause a stalling problem.i have seenthe tcc valve stick in the apply position causing the eng. to stall when coming to a stop. but that is very unlikely.i would look more towards a iac ,maf ,or vac. leak.

I ordered the parts saturday and they should be here tuesday. I will replace the acc piston and let you know what problems of mine that will solve. Thanx for the conformation. And the stalling problem does not happend all the time it only happends when i come to a quick stop. It will also stall out when i go from park right to 2nd gear.

Yes, the 1-2 and 2-3 servicing will probably fix it. Chances are you'll find a snapped spring in there. This is the first time I've heard of the car actually stalling out... I hope nothing else is wrong. How many miles does the tranny have on it?

How do you start the car in 2nd gear? Just put it in 2nd?

The car only has 80,000 on it.So you think I should replace the 2-3 Accumulator piston also. And about the 2nd gear it stalls out when I run the gear shifter from park to 2nd gear when the car is stoped. Like you were ust running it through the gears with your foot on the brake.

Members online

No members online now.
Back