Will a 2003 steering wheel fit the 2000 TC?

DENNISJR60

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I know 98-02 is the same, but will the 03 work also? They sure do look the same as I can't see a difference, but I'm not sure?

Anyone have knowledge on this?

i was told it will but i heard something about the backlights on the steering controls for 03 and up are a different color then the ones on 98-02. i had a thread about this somewhere in this forum. i believe it was titled wood steering wheel.

2003 uses green backlighting/illumination, just like 1998-2002

-1997 had the 'cool blue' illumination.

And yes, an 03 wheel is a direct swap. Make sure to use YOUR airbag on the new wheel (01+ dual stage)

I did the swap putting an 04 wheel on my 00 TC. The only problem I have is my controls are different from my old wheel to the new one. My old wheel had the cruise on/off on the left of the wheel & the cruise set controls on the right with no radio or AC controls.

The new wheel has all of the cruise buttons on the left & the radio & AC controls on the right. The lights illumintate fine, but none of the controls will work. I hope there's a way to wire it to work, but I have no clue at all...
:confused:
2003 uses green backlighting/illumination, just like 1998-2002

-1997 had the 'cool blue' illumination.

And yes, an 03 wheel is a direct swap. Make sure to use YOUR airbag on the new wheel (01+ dual stage)

05 steering wheel to a 97?

05 steering wheel to a 97? does anybody know if an 05-current steering wheel will fit on a 97 and if the electronics will match up? what about a 98-02 to a 97? thanks for the input :) also does anybody know if a billet steering wheel will fit a 97? thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back