Why So Cheap?

Kid

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i juz wanna ask... why is it so cheap on used cadillac?... i live in toronto... u get a brand new sts... the price is CAD$65000... but hey... a 2000-2001 at 17000??? i know it suck alot of gas... and the mileage is a bit high... juz... still.... why? :confused:

Kid said:
i juz wanna ask... why is it so cheap on used cadillac?... i live in toronto... u get a brand new sts... the price is CAD$65000... but hey... a 2000-2001 at 17000??? i know it suck alot of gas... and the mileage is a bit high... juz... still.... why? :confused:

Cadillac has horrible resale values due to the general perception of them being unreliable. They made some horrible mistakes back in the 70's and 80's that have tarnished the wreath and crest's image. Plus, all high cost cars seriously depreciate for the first 10-15 years.

The new Art&Science designs are holding their values well so far though, so it may be turning around.

Gothicaleigh said:
Plus, all high cost cars seriously depreciate for the first 10-15 years.

I think that's accurate for domestic luxury cars. If you try and buy a European import, specifically a BMW or Mercedes, you will find that their value holds very well. A 1980s Mercedes 560SEC can still bring $15-$20k.

Kid said:
American cars have always depreciated quickly. Believe it or not these Sevilles with a properoy maintained Northsatr do not suck as much gas as you would expect. However, they can be troublesome and expensive to fix. if you decide to get one, check for oil leaks, and ask about overheating issues. Other than that, enjoy!!
97 Seville SLS owner

Members online

Back