Why 97 cont misfires

lilmookman

New LVC Member
Reaction score
i went to autozone and codes P1131 and P1132 shows up meaning the system is to lean & rich also they said there is a misfire on 3 and 4. Could this be the cause of bad fuel injectors or MAF sensor? i already changed 2 oxygen sensors and got new spark plugs and wires but still misfires. The first time i went to autozone they said the MAF sensor was bad but now the code for it isnt coming up. There is no oil on the spark plugs or wires and i tested the spark on all of them and its getting a good spark so the coil packs are fine. My check engine light flashes sometimes while driving and the car shakes from the misfires mostly while it idles or going up hills. I just need help with this so please anything will help.

I would suspect the MAF sensor or O2 sensors first. For the hell of it I would clean the MAF and injectors as well and consider changing the O2 sensors.

ALl of this is really just basic maintenence anyway, so your getting benefit even if none of those fix the problem. But I suspect if you do those 3 things, your problem will be solved.

Inspect the cam position sensor and/or crankshaft position sensor plugs and wiring. From what I have read the wiring at the plug connection fails, not usually the sensor.

Regards,
Brad.

thanks but wouldn't you think that if the O2 sensors were bad it wouldn't read that the system is rich or lean. i already replaced 2 o2 sensors but the other 2 are real hard to get at. i think i need to drop the whole exhaust to change them because the 1 thats before the cat is close to the firewall and cant get the socket around it. the other which is after the cat is setting on top of the exhaust pipe and dont have enough room to even get a socket wrench up there so thats why i never changed them.....any ideas??

Members online

No members online now.
Back