Who's got aftermarket lighting for there ls

ntec

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
What aftermarket lights do you guys and gals got on your ride ? PIAA, APC ,Sylvania silverstars etc . I had Sylvania silverstars there bright but they didn't last 6 months . I think they get to hot and have a tendancy to blow prematurely but when you consider the cost they should last longer.Xenon & hid kits are a different story I would like to get one next year the McCollah HID kits are a good deal on ebay.I've seen them for $300 us or less.

2000 LS6 5 SPEED ........ :steering

ntec said:
What aftermarket lights do you guys and gals got on your ride ? PIAA, APC ,Sylvania silverstars etc . I had Sylvania silverstars there bright but they didn't last 6 months . I think they get to hot and have a tendancy to blow prematurely but when you consider the cost they should last longer.Xenon & hid kits are a different story I would like to get one next year the McCollah HID kits are a good deal on ebay.I've seen them for $300 us or less.

2000 LS6 5 SPEED ........ :steering
I have a 5000k Boemen Kit (oem manufacturer) that I got from proxenon.com paid 400$ for it and it was worth every penny they are very close to being too bright but the liqht spread and quality is amazing.

DTS PICTURES 004.jpg

i used to have the silverstars and they were really good.

Then i moved up to a 6000k philips hid kit which was good, but a lot of glare for oncoming drivers.

now i have a projector retrofit that i had done (should begetting it installed this week) and for sure that will be the best lighting i have ever had.

the first couple of pics of the hid kit (on the road, head on and on the wall)

the last pic is the projector retrofit.

You lucky freaking dog my DTS never came with HID's let alone projectors I am hoping they will have projectors in the 05' cars so I can retrofit as well. I miss my projector beams in my STS. :Bang

Sylvania Silverstars for me...
9006 low beams...
9005 high beams and in the fogs....
no problems as of yet with them, been in the car about a year and a half....
20044282130350054117061.jpg

and....
20044282028065924894408.jpg

and one more.......
20044288479826264752801.jpg

Now that I look at these photos, the Silverstars are not that yellow. My digital camera must have made the pics look yellow...

Eleanor

Germeezy your lights look good . I like the colour output of those lights .what kind of caddy you got a DTS ? Those are tuff looking I love the rear lights. I wish the LS lights looked similar to that.If they ever make that car standard I would by one there pimp.

2000 LS6 5SPEED :steering

ntec said:
Germeezy your lights look good . I like the colour output of those lights .what kind of caddy you got a DTS ? Those are tuff looking I love the rear lights. I wish the LS lights looked similar to that.If they ever make that car standard I would by one there pimp.

2000 LS6 5SPEED :steering

That is a Lincoln LS. He's got the Gen V DDE Kit installed. I have the exact same kit in my LS.

It is a DTS I decided to go with the 5000k color because factory on STS's and Escalades is 4300k. 5000k's are brighter and the light is bluish white next time I may go with 9000k's which are more the Audi color not as bright but really purple. I have had almost every light from Silverstars to Catz Zeta System and I realized that if I had of just paid 400$ right away for a Xenon system I would have saved myself time and money. Bottom line nothing looks like Xenon lights but Xenon lights and for 400$ you might as well have the real thing!

DDE Kit

Has anyone been able to get the DDE kit installed in 2003 LS headlights (non-HID). I may just buy another set of headlights to swap out with when I bring it for scheduled maintenance.

coolwater said:
Has anyone been able to get the DDE kit installed in 2003 LS headlights (non-HID). I may just buy another set of headlights to swap out with when I bring it for scheduled maintenance.

I make the DDE kits for the 2000-2002 LS's but there hasn't been any successful ways to get the 2003 and up headlights apart. The glue that is used is heat resistant so trying to take it apart without damaging the housing has been frustrating. There are sources working trying to find a way to take the '03 headlights apart but until that happens you might have better luck trying to retrofit an earlier set of LS headlights in your car.

It would be nice if someone made a aftermarket replacement headlight with the angel eyes built in. I think the 3 series and some Hondas have em. Guess we're not a large enough market yet to get this manufactured by someone.

GrayGhost1 said:
I make the DDE kits for the 2000-2002 LS's but there hasn't been any successful ways to get the 2003 and up headlights apart. The glue that is used is heat resistant so trying to take it apart without damaging the housing has been frustrating. There are sources working trying to find a way to take the '03 headlights apart but until that happens you might have better luck trying to retrofit an earlier set of LS headlights in your car.

coolwater said:
Guess we're not a large enough market yet to get this manufactured by someone.

You're exactly right! The LS aftermarket demand just isn't there yet. I'm hoping I can change that with my new LS aftermarket website to be up and running soon.

I Have Three Sets Of H.i.d's In My 2001 Lincoln Ls Low, High And Fogs. Also Have All Superwhite Lighting Interior And Custom Built In Trunk Lighting!

any reported problems with hid heat with a rebased bulb in a 2000ls? If you get a diffrent number bulb are they hotter? Like is a 5000 hoter then a 4200?
Eamonn

hockey930 said:
any reported problems with hid heat with a rebased bulb in a 2000ls? If you get a diffrent number bulb are they hotter? Like is a 5000 hoter then a 4200?
Eamonn
HID bulbs produce less heat than a standard halogen bulb. I wouldn't worry about heat build up.

bulbs

I have the xtreme super white piaas on low and High beams and I like them alot. (I also had the same piaas in the fogs 9006 i think but they blew out I think because they over heated in the small enclosure) I want HIDS but the cost is somthing I dont want to pay right now.

Members online

Back