Who has insight on upgraded mufflers for their 4.6L continental

jwatkins56550

LVC Member
Reaction score
I was thinking about putting 40 series flowmaster on my 01 continental, but I'm thinking it will be too loud, especially inside the vehicle. I saw some borla mufflers on ebay, and I know borla's are good, but I still can't decide. Has anybody here upgraded their muffler's on their continental? If so, give me your feedback and the muffler used, and let me know how loud they are.
Thanks!

I put 40 series on mine, it's was still quiet, not bad on the inside either, low deep sound on the outside, very disappointed, I thought it would be loud. make sure you have the 3rd cat pulled if they will do it and the resonator behind it. you don't get much sound from one single pipe runnin back from the engine to duals. So to fix mine I had my exhaust split to duals with a triple x pipe and the rear o2 sensor shut off with the 40 series. Now it's the meanest sounding old peple car around.

I put 40 series on mine, it's was still quiet, not bad on the inside either, low deep sound on the outside, very disappointed, I thought it would be loud. make sure you have the 3rd cat pulled if they will do it and the resonator behind it. you don't get much sound from one single pipe runnin back from the engine to duals. So to fix mine I had my exhaust split to duals with a triple x pipe and the rear o2 sensor shut off with the 40 series. Now it's the meanest sounding old peple car around.

Who did you get to do your exhaust work. I have 2000 conti

A picture is worth a thousand words.

I have a dark green 2001 continental. with stock exhaust. I have heard that the magnaflow mufflers were louder but I have never actually heard them. Has anyone seen them? Has them?

I feel like if they pull the resonator off, there will be more noise inside my car, since it is right in the middle. I went to meineke and they guy said he could take the resonator off but not the cat. But all at a cost of $368 so I'm thinking about buying the 40's online and just getting him to install it..so that bumps it down to around 328. Does anyone know the size of the pipe..I'm thinking 2.25.
Thanks

Diamond fabrication did my exhaust, and don't worry about the resonator, with it gone the exhaust note is not very loud in the car. And try to take it to a exhaust speacalist. When I first had just the 40's put on and resonator taken off it cost me 220 out the door.

I know I could go outside, get under my car, and measure the tailpipe. But it's raining like crazy annnd I'm lazy. What size muffler did yall put on the cont. Thanks!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back