Where/what box should i use for 1 10" sub?

jcavz24x

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am putting one 10" sub in my car. Not quite sure what type of box i should use as i am looking to save as much space as possible and not have the sub too much in the way.

any suggestions?

do you have the full size spare or the doughtnut? If you have the doughtnut you could have it custom built to the sapre tire well.

Well a good solution is to fiberglass so it fits tight into the corners.. But of course very spendy if you pay someone to do it. For money saving ..mmmm A regular for one 10 should affect your space too much, if its not bolted down you can always move it to get it out of the way too.

it is a snap and is a DIY project if you have the time and are motivated enough. cover the spare tire well in a large sheet of plastic, with everything in it, and fill with foam let dry remove and fiberglas the foam mold.

I would only attempt to do this if you do not have the full size spare.

For 1 12" sub I made a box that fit flush with the rear seats, and had a flat front panel with a grill on the sub. This allowed me to still open the cover for the battery and tire, and put stuff right against the box without worries. It acted as a wall of the trunk, plus provided some nice bass.

My most recent box is for 2 12" subs that is fiberglassed for looks not fit. I have no problems fitting everything in my trunk, but the box has to be removed to access the battery and spare. I made sure to provide enough speaker wire so that the amp can still be in its place, and the box can be on the ground outside the car in emergency situations.

eL eS has a good idea, but battery maintenance and fuse replacement for the rear distribution area requires you to take out the sub unless you do not cover the battery and such with the box.

eL, I never thought of fiberglassing the spare tire compartment, nice thinking.

Yeah if you cover the battery area and maybe pad it by 2 or 3 inches you will not have any access problems to the battery. make enough of a lip with the fiber glass around the edge it will support itself and you can secure it with velcro strips about every 6 to 9 " and you can remove the speaker box with little effort.

Hey you might even be able to secure it to the trunk liner and lift it out of the way and latch it as you normally would. All depends on how much time you want to put in the project.

This is my current setup with 2 12" subs.

subs 1.JPG

subs 2.JPG

Members online

No members online now.
Back