Where to find Trunk lid seal for 2000 LS?

Win

New LVC Member
Reaction score
The foam rubber trunk seal got nicked loading an outboard motor. Now it's torn and leaks at the tear. Have you found a molded OEM replacement? Where?

Has anyone had luck with using a length of generic foam rubber seal?

As long as it's the same general shape and level of pliability i would think generic would work just fine. Otherwise I'd call a dealer or check a junkyard, never seen one listed on a parts site, not even sure the technical name but i didn't see one on rock Auto.

Yup... as mentioned dealer or junkyard.

If you want to try and do it cheaply (and if it's not too tore up)... you could try using vulcanizing cement (like for patching bicycle tubes). You would use the cleaner first... then apply the cement.

Or... (IIRC) 3M has a rubber cement that might work.

Forget the salvage yards. I've looked at at least 30 trunk gaskets and they all had cracks where they wrap around between the rear of the car to the top of the trunk lid, just like mine, which does not leak thank you. If there is a generic with the right profile I would like to know about it! Back in the 1970's correct profile weather stripping was not available for my '56's tailgate. Until it became available in the 1980's I used adhesive backed foam rubber tape, you know, for house windows.

and they all had cracks where they wrap around between the rear of the car to the top of the trunk lid,

Yup... mine has is torn some on the underside at that specific location... but it doesnt leak. The seal gets folded when the trunk is closed... but the water runs around the outside

Been pouring rain for 2 days here... and my trunk is dry.

If you read the original post... his got chewed up from an outboard motor... which I assume meant the bottom of the trunk seal.

Most LS trunk seals I have seen at junk yards... are usually in pretty decent shape... as long as the trunk wasn't loaded with junk.

Members online

No members online now.
Back