Where is '87 5.0 HO PCV valve located

Lugnut

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Feeling like an absolute dummy here since my manuals are packed and in storage from a recent move.

Need to replace the PCV valve on my '87 5.0L HO and in spite of looking, looking and looking I cannot find the darn thing. Believe it or not even Alldata is of zero help.

So if someone can tell me where that booger is I'll be eternally grateful, unless you tell me it is beneath the upper plenum. Then I may go looking for the idiot that designed it that way with the intent of doing serious bodily harm..... :D

It's hidden, so don't feel bad. It is behind the upper plenum, just in front of the firewall and goes into the lower intake. It's tough to get to. Use a drywall screw taped to a screwdriver to pull the screen out from under it, too.

Thanks Josh. Took about 5 seconds to find and get that thing out once I had a clue. You were 100% right about it being close. Too many wiring harnesses and hoses in the way. All of which contributed to my not being able to see the darn thing even with an inspection mirror in hand. Didn't find a screen/filter, guess a previous owner or the Ford Dealer I bought the car from took it out. All those things were good for was to clog up anyway. If I recall correctly the idea of those filters was scrapped entirely sometime in the late 1980's. Seems there was a TSB out on the subject.

Now on to the next project of flushing out the brake lines (after I get that darn accumlator bled off).

Thanks again............ :yourock:

Good job, I knew you'd find it. The screen was good for initial emissions, but after a short time become more of a hinderance than a help!

Members online

Back