Where in the hell has Joey Been???

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Where in the hell has Joey Been???

Well, Im around. Just thought I would touch base with all of you. I bought a house a few weeks ago (first one Ive owned) and its a bit of a fixer upper, so I've been fixing it up. Im around here every day, but dont really have too much time to post.

But I am around and keeping an eye. As always if you need anything dont be afraid to PM me. Maybe' we'll have a meet at the new house soon!

Yeah i have been wondering where you have been, how much work will the house need?

Sounds good Joey... I hope you are still frequenting Koppers Kitchen... I'm starting to show signs of withdrawl...

I haven't been there for about 2 months...

I don't know why you ruined some of those rooms. The Green/blue was really nice. I actually did like the basement the way it was though.

Just thinking the same thing Where is Joey !!
Now we know .... hard at work !! Wow some one loved some wild colors !!

Lookin good!!:D :D

Thanks everyone.

Its been a pretty interesting ride so far. Almost everything thats wrong with the house is really cosmetic. New windows, Furnace, AC, WH in 2001 - nice strong house, built in 1926. Slightly depressed neighborhood that should be receiving about 200 $300k condos 4 blocks away in the next 5-10 years.

So I feel like I can play and realize my return on investment down the road.

The Workbench was something I wanted to build myself. Its not quite done yet. I plan to add a 3/4 in Plywood on top to really make it solid. I also plan to trim it out a bit and make it look a little more finished. Of course, I need to add my vise and bench grinder, wall shelves, etc.

The colors. Its kinda funny. When I was looking for houses I came to refer to this one as the crayola house. All I can say is this... They guy had 2 teens in rehab. I wonder who chose the colors

The House looks great.

I've been actually looking at houses also and let me tell you your crayola house is a GEM compared to what some people try to sell here. Even if you think you have a lot of work still left. You have no idea of some of the cray stuff I've seen and they all think they got something special. And don't let me start on the prices here in NY OMG! quick example a fixeruper here is in the range of 275k to 350k and all with less property than you have.

Can't wait to see when you're all done especially the garage :D

Just a suggestion Basement = HOME THEATER ;)

screen-281x210-349x261.jpg

Yeah, I saw plenty of 'Gems' while I was looking. One of the big reasons for this house was that the problems were all cosmetic. Most of the other houses needed a roof, furnace, etc, and wanted top price.

Joeychgo said:
Yeah, I saw plenty of 'Gems' while I was looking. One of the big reasons for this house was that the problems were all cosmetic. Most of the other houses needed a roof, furnace, etc, and wanted top price.

I know what you mean here's a good one though one guy thought he could get top price by painting over leak marks and a crack going down the middle of a wall, ceiling to floor. Can't believe what people try to sell you and if you don't know anything about homes they see you coming. I wish i could find one with just cosmetic work

Members online

No members online now.
Back