Where do you get the Valve Cover kits?

tbutt99

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I just replaced my spark plugs (over 100,000 miles, bought with 65,000) I noticed one of the wells had oil in it. So I found the link for the walk through on replacing them. I noticed the gasket kit part numbers. So where do you get the parts. I tried fordpartsnetwork and fordpartsonline. Do you have to get from the dealer? Sorry a newbie here. :L

tbutt99 said:
I just replaced my spark plugs (over 100,000 miles, bought with 65,000) I noticed one of the wells had oil in it. So I found the link for the walk through on replacing them. I noticed the gasket kit part numbers. So where do you get the parts. I tried fordpartsnetwork and fordpartsonline. Do you have to get from the dealer? Sorry a newbie here. :L

i ordered mine thru fordpartsnetwork.com... for my v6, i need 1 ourter left, one outer right & 2 center... not too bad pricing...

http://www.parts.com/partlocator/index.cfm?siteid=318&catalogid=0

type in valve cover in the search by keyword..and it will come out with the following...

valve cover GASKET, LS6, Outer, Right - 3.0L DOHC 00-02 $10.14 $0.00 $8.52
Engine - Cylinder head & valves - valve cover gasket
Included W/Valve Cover.

valve cover GASKET, LS6, Outer, Left - 3.0L DOHC 00-02 $10.18 $0.00 $8.55
Included W/Valve Cover.

valve cover GASKET, LS6, Inner - 3.0L DOHC 00-02 $7.20 $0.00 $6.05
Included W/Valve Cover.

valve cover, LS8, Upper - 3.9L DOHC 00-05 $18.58 $0.00 $15.61
Engine - Cylinder head & valves - valve cover

valve cover GASKET, LS8, Right - 3.9L DOHC 00-05 $20.77 $0.00 $17.45

valve cover GASKET, LS8, Left - 3.9L DOHC 00-05 $30.82 $0.00 $25.89

tbutt99 said:

OK I found the one on fordpartsnetwork before but the place where it is leaking is around the sparkplugs. to quote the tech article

"Do not make the same mistake that I made here. I went to FordPartsOnline and purchased a valve cover gasket for the right and left side. This did NOT include all of the seals necessary to do the job. You will need 4 seals for the plug wells and 2 more seals for the valve cover bolts that are in the center of the cover. Get the kits:

LH - XW4Z-6584-BB Gasket Kit

RH - XW4Z-6584-AB Gasket Kit"

So those kits are what I am looking for.

Thanks

Yes, those include the valve cover gaskets, as well as plug well, and bolt seals. I just did this job myself and got the kits from Max and 5 star. Shipping took about a week.
Brian

Members online

No members online now.
Back