where do I put the transmission oil on a lincoln ls??

IIRC, you pump it in the same spot you drained it from until it starts to drip. I'm probably wrong and if I am someone will surely correct me and we'll both learn something.

Transmission fluid has to be pumped in through a plug in the end of the output shaft housing. If you think the transmission fluid is low, you need to take the car to a dealer and have it diagnosed. If you just want to change the fluid take the car to a certified transmission shop or dealer to have it flushed.

Both are right. You can fill thru a port on the side rear of the tranny, or thru the "drain plug". You open the drain plug and fill until it dribbles out. There is a pipe inside the drain plug that goes up into the pan to the correct fluid level.

It is a pita and in my opinion can lead to undiagnosed tranny problems. I love the manual saying wait until the light flashes and then take it is. In my opinion idiot lights flash only after it is too late to stop a small problem from becoming a big one.

My 2004 never had the flashing light but it did need a minor rebuild at 15,000 miles due to overheating and known tranny issues with this model.

Just my experience,

Jim Henderson

Jim, do you check the fluid with the engine running and the car in park or with the engine off?

you check it with the car running and in park... the car needs to be LEVEL!! before you check it..

Keep an eye on the post date... advice that much later probably wont help too much... although he still might be waiting, it could happen

trans fluid goes in the fan fluid reservoir:p

Members online

Back