whent up against a mitsibishi eclipse

cruzah said:
@nyc...well its not really how fast a car is...its how a person handles it.

An Old state police trick called the slingshot is how they catch really fast cars with a standard automatic is...Say you go flying down the road at 90 mph and you zoom pass a trooper thats at a complete stand still.
the trooper starts off out the cut in 2nd gear to get as much traction as possible... then at about 30 mph the trooper shifts into 2nd...at 50 mph the trooper then shifts into drive ,floors the gas petal and slingshots right on yer butt.
Skills my man...Skills and experience.
I just put that to rest today. I passed a squad doing 75 mph while he was in a logging road. I see his lights come on in my rear view and I floor it of course. The pig never caught up to me and I got all the way home.

cruzah said:
@nyc...well its not really how fast a car is...its how a person handles it.

An Old state police trick called the slingshot is how they catch really fast cars with a standard automatic is...Say you go flying down the road at 90 mph and you zoom pass a trooper thats at a complete stand still.
the trooper starts off out the cut in 2nd gear to get as much traction as possible... then at about 30 mph the trooper shifts into 2nd...at 50 mph the trooper then shifts into drive ,floors the gas petal and slingshots right on yer butt.
Skills my man...Skills and experience.

Uhhh. Must be some ub3r l337 police cars there, having TWO 2nd gears and all.

Starting out in 2nd gear, you have practically no power. I don't know what kind of police cruisers you're used to, but the ones I'm used to will not do/will struggle to do burnouts because of the gearing in them. If yo meant to type 3rd gear, guess what? With an Automatic tranny, starting out in 3rd gear actually starts you out in FIRST gear.

Generally, Smokey cars are geared towards top end and speed, not low end like a lot of City cop cars are.

I've found that starting out in first with 3/4 throttle to about 10mph THEN romping on it and rowing up through the gears, shifting a couple of hundred RPM over the peak power curve is the best way to accelerate.

But what do I know...

Members online

No members online now.
Back