Whats the Mouse fix?

xtriggerman

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Normally I keep the 97 in the Garage where there are no mice but about 2 weeks ago I left the car out one night and the next day, I spotted the dreaded paper shreds on the floor and in the glove box, a nearly new pack of mentos pretty much nibbled to nothing. Along with that, there were alot of now, white turds in and around the scene of the feast. With the car now in the Garage, I put a basic mouse trap with a blob of peanut butter on it and by morning the fat little intruder had his lights snuffed out via said trap. I thought of this as a fluke. So just last week I buy a new to me 06 Dodge 2500 that needs alot of work so it got its first garage treatment for a couple of nights. This time, there were no edibles in the car at all but the stink of a dead mouse is undeniable. The trunk had some nibbled towel bits but thats about all I could find of the little stinker. I know there are various cab vents where you cant see them in many cars but I'm not familiar with them in this body. Has anyone ever found the main rodent entrance in these cars that holds the key to this problem?

Most likely through the cowl and into the ductwork. It is said that if a mouse can fit it's head through a hole... it can fit it's body through too.

The average mouse head is about 1/4 inch. If a hole is smaller... they can chew it open... except for metal.

Good luck finding where they got in. Poison pellet packets from a farm store work well. Don't handle the packets with bare hands. Wear gloves.

Thanks for your reply 04. The OEM screening on the cowling intake measures 1/8th square screen holes. Thats a tad less than 1/4" if you go diagonal at the square. The dead mouse I caught was a full size adult and no way could that one get threw the cowl inside air screen. There has to be a cabin body vent flap some where for normalizing cabin air pressures. One thing that works great in stopping mouse traffic is spray Lithium grease. Mice cant lick that stuff off and if they get it on their fur, they cant regulate body temperature with an inability to "fluff" the hair. I first used it in hood insulation by spraying it all over the back side from the edges and where they had eaten holes. Also in cowel channels where the wiper motors are. It does dry after a while so a fresh shot keeps them out of those areas. Right now, I'm putting a basic trap in the car If I have to leave it out at night and so far no customers. Sure would like to know where those cabin vent flaps are tho....

Over the weekend I was watching a late night car TV show... and ironically they were talking about mice in classic cars that were in storage.

They mentioned an electronic device, (uses a wall wart), called Mouse Blocker.

For what it's worth I guess.

If you want an all natural product... supposedly Cedar wood chips are supposed to work.

Members online

No members online now.
Back