Whats the latest on the rear spoiler?

The 3 piece LMS one? Last I heard, Geno didn't want anything more to do with it and he was gonna sell the mold. I don't think there's been any news since then. The Gen 2's have the option of using a Taurus factory spoiler but the Gen 1's hump is too large.

seanklsc said:
The 3 piece LMS one? Last I heard, Geno didn't want anything more to do with it and he was gonna sell the mold. I don't think there's been any news since then. The Gen 2's have the option of using a Taurus factory spoiler but the Gen 1's hump is too large.

Im not selling the mold. I do want to have this available again but you know the story, no one can make it in small runs , package and ship it too.

seanklsc said:
Are you for real!? Damn that sucks!! I wanted that thing in the worst way!!!

How many orders would you predict? I'm sure that anyone that agrees to produce them will want there to be an ongoing interest or one HUGE group buy.

Well if we were to get a group buy how much are we looking at for one? Because I want to do some stuff to my Mark VIII and I was really looking forward to doing that spoiler

Been tried already, NO ONE wants to do these for under a hundred at a clip that I could find. Like I said I have the molds in the garage, just no one to make them.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Been tried already, NO ONE wants to do these for under a hundred at a clip that I could find. Like I said I have the molds in the garage, just no one to make them.
What kinda machinery and stuff are you looking at to have to make these things?

No machinery at all. It is hand laid fiberglass in a clamshell mold. They have to be able to produce, package and drop ship the item. Trust me I have been trying for YEARS to get this done.

ONEBADMK8 said:
No machinery at all. It is hand laid fiberglass in a clamshell mold. They have to be able to produce, package and drop ship the item. Trust me I have been trying for YEARS to get this done.
I saw pictures of other Gen 1's with the spoiler "so f'ing hot" but where did those get done at? But if I was to find someone to make the spoiler how would I go about getting it made? Would I need you to make me a mold as well? Or would you of course ask the guy if he can make them for all of us?

If you made a spolier mold (which we already have) then you would be in the same boat as me, plus to get it initially made it would cost a fortune!! Our first one cost $4500.00 including the mold and that was 6 years ago.

If you saw our 3 piece unit then it was purchased on one of the three runs we ever did on them which consisted of 200 total.

ONEBADMK8 said:
Our first one cost $4500.00 including the mold and that was 6 years ago
:eek2: I'm starting to come to the conclusion that not a lot with the Mark is cheap ie; HID's and now $4500 spoilers

Here's a thought! What about taking a spoiler that "sort of" fits or "sort of" looks good, cutting into it and altering it? You could come up with an all new design. I thought about making a Saleen variant based on my S-281 wing off my mustang. Or, the 3-piece Camaro RS wing could "altered" work, couldn't it? ...no different that molding in a hood scoop, I would think.

Blackout said:
:eek2: I'm starting to come to the conclusion that not a lot with the Mark is cheap ie; HID's and now $4500 spoilers

A Mark VIII is not an aftermarket car. We're lucky for what we have. And for people like Geno who step up and throw money down...

Members online

Back