What year might this be??

Dartastic

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Im comparing a Lincoln LS V8 to my 2004. Curious as to what year it might be. Color is black and it has chrome trim around the windows. Doesnt have the cutout exhasut like mine but does have duals with the pipes turned down. Has a small LS emblem on the front fender(s). tail lights are all red. Under the headlights are either a yellow reflector or turn signal. Havent looked at the interior at all. Thanks all.

Dartastic said:
Im comparing a Lincoln LS V8 to my 2004. Curious as to what year it might be. Color is black and it has chrome trim around the windows. Doesnt have the cutout exhasut like mine but does have duals with the pipes turned down. Has a small LS emblem on the front fender(s). tail lights are all red. Under the headlights are either a yellow reflector or turn signal. Havent looked at the interior at all. Thanks all.

I would have to guess it would be 00-02 LS8.

-Scott-

ohioLS said:
I would have to guess it would be 00-02 LS8.

-Scott-
Scott,

It can't be a 2002 with the LS emblem on the front fender. Lincoln decontented that in 2002. It would either be a 2000 or 2001. A quick way would be if you know it's a V8 and it does NOT have the V8 emblem on the back tail light then it's a 2000. Also, look inside the car. If it has the flip up cup holder it is a 2000.

OR....you can ask the owner of the car what year it is! :N

GrayGhost1 said:
Scott,

It can't be a 2002 with the LS emblem on the front fender. Lincoln decontented that in 2002. It would either be a 2000 or 2001. A quick way would be if you know it's a V8 and it does NOT have the V8 emblem on the back tail light then it's a 2000. Also, look inside the car. If it has the flip up cup holder it is a 2000.

It has the Lincoln and the V8 emblems on the tail lights.

GrayGhost1 said:
Scott,

D@mn Ken you are all over it, I am still learning what goes here and there of certain years. Thanks for clearing it up for me. I wish I had that 01 center console make my life a little easier.

-Scott-

ever thought of just looking at the registration sticker???

ohioLS said:
I wish I had that 01 center console make my life a little easier.

-Scott-

I don't even use my so I like having the smooth console. Usually when I drive I only have twenty oz soda bottles so I just put them between the front of the seat and console, it works alright.

Hawk03 said:
I don't even use my so I like having the smooth console. Usually when I drive I only have twenty oz soda bottles so I just put them between the front of the seat and console, it works alright.

True, its not that I need a 01 console it would be just nice to have one. Maybe after all my upgrades I will track one down. Thanks!

-Scott-

i like my 02 console its perfect for my ipod and sidekick

2k2ls said:
ever thought of just looking at the registration sticker???

Whats a registration sticker? Also Im not trying to make it obvious that I hate the fact that a black LS is parked next to mine. :Bang I loved the fact that I had the only one in the yard and got compliments all the time!! :invasion:

Dartastic said:
It has the Lincoln and the V8 emblems on the tail lights.
Then it is more than likely a 2001 since it does have the "LS" emblems on the front fender.

oh yea i forgot. in ny we have registration stickers and inspection stickers in our windows. sorry

2k2ls said:
oh yea i forgot. in ny we have registration stickers and inspection stickers in our windows. sorry

No problem. Thanks for the help guys. Her LS looks nice stock. I like the LS emblem on the front fender.

Members online

No members online now.
Back