What to do??

AVIVIII

LVC Member
Reaction score
My old '85 plow truck is getting pretty tired. I want to get rid of it and pick up a mid-90's 1-Ton dump, but dthe old '85 isnt worth jack. The body is junked and the cab needs extensive repair. A fresh 350 with only like 15K is in it along with a rebuilt tranny. The frame is fine, as is the rest of the suspension and drivetrain. So what do I do with the truck??

-I though of turning it into some wild custom rod, but the truck A) isnt worth it and B) I dont have the $$$

-Put it back together with another cab and build a rack body for it

-Tweak all the potential that the 350 has, 4-spd, loose the 4WD, front clip from an old full-size blazer, bench seat in the back and something creative with the back??

Looking for little ideas. Iits just not worth it to sell the truck!

It sounds like many components on it are still quite good. Is it worth your while to part it out and at least get a few $$ out of it??

RRocket said:
It sounds like many components on it are still quite good. Is it worth your while to part it out and at least get a few $$ out of it??

:I

How is the front end. I believe the body is bolt on, i vote for new body. If you can get a hold of one with blown engine, switch the whole thing.

Members online

Back