what size sub???

LSV84U2NV

LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys alright i know my car audio but i'm new to the LS so the only thing that i am wondering is what sub size does the LS like best 10, 12, 15? and how many of them. I will be pushing a 600x1 2 ohm mono to it.
any comments would be appreciated
and i have already upgraded the interiors to infinty kappas

LSV84U2NV said:
hey guys alright i know my car audio but i'm new to the LS so the only thing that i am wondering is what sub size does the LS like best 10, 12, 15? and how many of them. I will be pushing a 600x1 2 ohm mono to it.
any comments would be appreciated
and i have already upgraded the interiors to infinty kappas

I am currently running 2 15" kickler l7's in a fiberglass enclosure but plan on going up to 1 kicker 18" solo x

But from what you stated pushing a 600 mono block I would go with 1 Kicker L7 12", or maybe 1 JL w7, it all depends on your type of music.. rock music go with smaller 10", rap, techno 12", or 15"..

I've had 2 10's, 1 12 and no have 2 12's. The 2 12's are a little too much for me, it overpowers the rest of the system (stock). I think I liked the 1 12" the best because it was real clean sounding and not too loud.

It really depends on what you listen to. Like motts said, rock sounds better with smaller subs, and rap/hip hop sounds great with 12-15".

Personally, I like alpine. One 12" alpine type r should sound good, and go with 2 if you want to be heard.

I'm using 1, 10' Infinity Reference. Would match your interiors real well. Vented enclosure of 1.75 cubs. That larger than normal size box gives enough of the eztra umph needed to hear inside the car. Greatly depends on how much bass you need.

it depends on two things one do you want your car rattling and clarity - rattling go with something from kicker or rockford maybe lower class jbl clarion one or two depending on your budget as for size wise 10" s are very clean subs hit hard if set up right you dont need 12's or whatever as far as hitting goes you definately do not want something like a w7 unless you are looking to burn a hole in your pocket 600 watts will not make them laugh at you also keep in mind as to what surfjax said raising your bass level might overpower your components (jbl power series love jbl) anyways good luck and post additional questions i also do all aspects of audio work in new york we ship everything and anything good luck

Members online

Back