What Next?

Ric

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
'03 LS8 Ultimate with all the goodies needed new wheel bearings at 10K, MAF sensor and coil pack at 10.5K. I'm starting to worry. It's sitting in the dealership garage this weekend and I'm in a loaner. Anybody else have this kind of luck? Maybe they'll throw in the new headliner which it also needs. :Bang

The dealer wont "throw in' anything ---

But you might have a shot by going through Lincoln Customer Support........

I know there is a lemon law, you might want to find some information on it. Anyone know if he can pull lemon law on the dealership. Those problems sound uncommon.

What made you think those things were wrong. Sometimes the dealership just changes things that do not need to be changed, or tell the customer that they did to act like things were done.

What Next? F/U

Sorry about the lack of details in my original post. The Wheel bearings did, in fact , fail. It's hard to mistake that noise. They were replaced under waranty. The Coil pack and MAF sensor problems were diagnosed after the car wouldn't start in my driveway and had to be towed to the dealership. The headliner issue goes back to when I first got the car and it kept drooping around the third taillight. They ordered a new one and are planning to replace it, but I think that's a pretty extreem solution for a minor problem.

Got the LS back today and all appears well...including new headliner, but seriously considering switching to an Aviator.

LOL, do you want you gotta do. Make sure you are ready for the gas mileage change and performance change. Either way an extended warranty might be in order. Keep us posted on your decision.

What makes you want to grab up the aviator?

Ric said:
Got the LS back today and all appears well...including new headliner, but seriously considering switching to an Aviator.

Ric, the 2003-2004 LS's have been documented to have the "sagging" headliner. Lincoln moved the third brake light from the back deck to the top of the roof in 2003. This was a design change that wasn't thought through very well. I doubt they put a new headliner in but rather "fixed" it from the Ford TSB #03-17-2. Which states Lincoln LS vehicles produced before 7/21/2003 experienced the headliner dropping down or becoming unattached at the rear of the vehicle near the Center High Mount Stop Lamp (CHMSL). This may be due to the Dual Lock (Hook and Loop) Fastener that attaches the Headliner being not completely adhered. So basically they re-attach the fastner with stronger epoxy. This was a design problem stemming from the CHMSL used in the first batch of 2003 LS's.

You can get a complete list of the TSB's if you sign up at AllData's website. It's www.alldatadiy.com. Also, it's a great tool for diagnosing a problem with your car and lists all TSB's for the Lincoln LS since 2000.

As for the Aviator, it's got a long documented problem list worse than the LS so do your homework before you "jump" the gun.

The dealership attempted the fix for the headliner a while back and it kept failing. They photographed it and got authorization from Lincoln to replace the whole thing. The headliner was, in fact, ordered and replaced whole. I'm interested in the Aviator because I previously owned an Explorer and sorta miss a truck. If I need to flog something I have a big bore Harley for that. Geez...did I really sound that clueless?.....don't answer that.

Members online

Back