What Is THIS?...And Where Can I Get One

345 DeSoto

LVC Member
Reaction score
I don't even know if this is real (the air tube), or if it's a rendering, but it would be PERFECT to mount a set of dual K&N's to the backwards TB in my Mark VIII. Does anyone have any info on if it's the real deal and, if it is, where I might get one?...:D

twin tube air cleaner.jpg

That looks to be the supercharged LS9 out of the new cadillac CTS-V. If you look real close, you can see the snout and pulley of the supercharger sitting in the valley there underneath that intake in the front. The 2 tubes go to the inlet of the blower on the back, then air comes out of the top of the blower, through the water-to-air intercooler, which is that large piece in the center with 2 humps, and then it goes down into the engine.

It looks as though I could mount it with the single oval opening to the rear of my engine, where the TB is and mount 2 K&N round truncated cone air filters on what would be then the front. I'll bet THAT'S a pricey little piece...:D

You probably could, but I'm not sure it would gain you much, and probably wouldn't be worth what I imagine that piece would cost.

I've been tryin to find this dual setup for a year ,,,
its 10 thru 14 seconds into the video
YouTube - Thunderbird Video_The Black pearl

sorry to burst your bubble but its a mirrored image, pause it and notice the upper radiator hose that go to itself, genos supermark "kinda" has a similar intake your looking for, pic from his site
*edit* stick on hood scoops are GAY!!!!!

tasca supermark.jpg

Members online

Back