What do you use under the hood?

1wykdmk8

LvC Dues Collector
Reaction score
I use Simple Green Automotive....it does not milk up the aluminum as much as other stuff that I have used does. The AssassinVIIIor I even went as far as to use a wire brush (different metal ones) to clean what I could get to without removing anything......but once I get it back quite a few things are getting removed and I am cleaning EVERYTHING under there....it has been sitting for over a year now.

1wykdmk8 said:
I use Simple Green Automotive....it does not milk up the aluminum as much as other stuff that I have used does. The AssassinVIIIor I even went as far as to use a wire brush (different metal ones) to clean what I could get to without removing anything......but once I get it back quite a few things are getting removed and I am cleaning EVERYTHING under there....it has been sitting for over a year now.

I simply use the same car cleaner under the hood as I use on the outside. I also found tire blackener is great fot he black plastic bits under there. I wash under the hood every time I was my car (at least once a week) so it's spotless. I've found a small toothbrush is good for getting into the little nooks and crannies without removing anything.

What am I suppose to do under the hood?

J/k Simplegreen automotive

Casper said:
I simply use the same car cleaner under the hood as I use on the outside. I also found tire blackener is great fot he black plastic bits under there. I wash under the hood every time I was my car (at least once a week) so it's spotless. I've found a small toothbrush is good for getting into the little nooks and crannies without removing anything.

Yeah, but you are prolly talkin about a car that you bought new (am I wrong?). I am talkin about a used car that a person (or ppl) did not really take care of, or clean under the hood......10-15 years of crud build-up......need to take it off some how......but once I have the underhood clean and sparkly......toothbrush and regular cleaner it is...... :D

Members online

No members online now.
Back