wes b.

Wes B

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
2004 LS First Fill #2.jpgHello, I recently bought 2004 LS V8 Charcoal Grey with light and dark stone interior. Well optioned but think I would have liked factory sun roof. I wanted V-8 rear drive car that was not a Mustang or Camaro for under $7,000. That left a very small list actually. Basically good condition LS was about what could afford for my Taurus replacement. Always likes looks of LS since it first came out. Took about a year of looking in 150+ mile radius and in Jan 2015 found a private owned 2004 LS V8 for sale with 91,000 actual miles I could was afford and ran strong. Am recently retired from transportation business, lived in mid Michigan for 39 years. Born in Detroit area so life long resident of MI. Like thousands of other folks around my age had some interesting and noisy contests of auto performance on pubic streets till last 1970 big block car I sold in 1976. This is my first 4 cam V-8 with 4 wheel disc brakes. Hope can find some facts about my LS not just opinions but they can help too if from owner of LS. Wish to add to power output and improve handling. Not much specific information on internet but hopeful can learn more of everything about this car and make it better at everything on LVC. Car is fun to drive and hope make it faster and handle better also,:).

2004 LS First Fill #2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome,

Check out the subforum

I think is high performance discussion, you will find what you need and all your questions will be answered

I have learned a bit more already. Sadly seems any idea of putting old T Bird SC turbo on 3.9 is out. Will look to see if SCTx4 would do much good and if any way to quicken shift delay in manual mode and make shift firmer. Must be all 3.9 cars but mine runs up on limiter much faster than expected and easy to hit cut off waiting for up-shift to respond when pushing car in manual mode. Have heard "talk" that 5R55S trans (I think is correct model in sport sedan) is bit weak so that and 8" rear limits torque it would seem but do not know how much. The variable cam timing or "VVT" is new for me and hi compression is hard to turn up much pressure. I was surprised in again just reading 3.9 comes with plain cast pistons and can not use forced induction on VVT type motor. But was hoping I heard wrong and low pressure with good airflow, 93 octane, faster up-shift by trans, would be doable with good tuner. (that was me hoping I read wrong on VVT and small boost and good flash tune or SCTx4. Not looking for 600+HP more than stock is better and Continental DWS 255X45X17's do let go easier than thought. Thanks much!!

Members online

Back