weird start?

itsnotmydaddys

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
i posted about oreillys auto parts telling me taht i need a new starter. 2 other place told me a battery. my question is. wehn i start my car all the needles go all the way up then it starts after having a little trouble. sometimes ill need a jump. what would cause this. also is it covered under and extended warranty. i recently took out my system and have the power wire still connected to the battery (from the amp). its got electric tape on it and its jsut tsitting there. would that cause anything. thanks.

itsnotmydaddys said:
i posted about oreillys auto parts telling me taht i need a new starter. 2 other place told me a battery. my question is. wehn i start my car all the needles go all the way up then it starts after having a little trouble. sometimes ill need a jump. what would cause this. also is it covered under and extended warranty. i recently took out my system and have the power wire still connected to the battery (from the amp). its got electric tape on it and its jsut tsitting there. would that cause anything. thanks.

the power wire just sitting there will not cause this problem as long as it is taped up and not being grounded out. What I would do is disconnect the batter from the car all the way. Check the voltage of the battery with a DVM and if it is at 12.3 + then connet tyhe battery back on. Then have some one try and start the car when you are checking the Voltage to see if your voltage drops alot like below 9V. If so then your battery does not have enough cranking amps (or cold cranking amps if your batter has not been used in a little bit.) If that is all fine then it is with the starter or the starting system. You might also want to take your car to get your alternator checked to see if it is recharging your battery right. Also try a slow drip charger overnight to charge your battery. See if that helps.

Members online

No members online now.
Back