Want to upgrade tires.

larryljs1

LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused:I have a 2002 Lincoln LSE Sport Edition, the current tires are, 235/50/17. I would like to replace these with a wider tire, without them rubbing or cutting into my finder wells. Any suggestions? Is anyone running the size-245/45/17? If so are they wider and handle better. I would not mind if the car sat just a little lower, but kinda drags the front spoiler now, so it can not be much lower. Thanks' for any help.

Ghost_Ls8--hey thank you for your response, have you had any problems with your speed odometer being off? Also I have not heard of using different sizing on the LSE, I have of other sports cars, what made you use this combination on yours? Do you have any idea what the difference in the width of the tires are? I really just am interested in replacing my current factory ones with a wider tire. They just look nicer and would help with the handling of the car. Thank you so much for your response and look forward to us talking again. larry

the tire combo makes my speedometer go off by 1, if you go 255 45 17 all around then you will only be off by .5 , it definetly handles better in corners

Members online

Back