version questions

towncarblue

New LVC Member
Reaction score
im looking into buying a lincoln towncar 2000- and higher.
i see some diffrent versions though ( such as executive , carter, presidential etc..)

can someone please let me know what is the diffrence between these versions and which are the most expensive???

the executive is a cheaper base model car. To me the main difference is the seats. Get a Cartier or a Signature Series.

:Beer thats it??? i can just change the executive to a signature if the only real diffrence is the name

No, its a little more than that. Signature and Cartier's are going to have more options. A cartier will have the cartier symbol inside the car on the seats and doors. They are more likely to have sunroofs and other options. Executive are used as airport taxis a lot of times. Personally I hate the seats of executive series. There are so many towncars out there that you might as well buy the best. Pass on the executive series.

The sig and cartier also usually have the seat controls in the door and power seats driver and pass. An exec can come with a manual seat back but power seat. Also some signatures are "touring" they have dual exhaust, the smaller 11.25" tq converter and firmer shocks in front at least from tokico. Possibly springs as well though i'm not 100% on if they do the firmer air springs out back or change those shocks as well. If you get a 01+ it will have the pi(performance enhanced heads) which is lower compression a bit and doesn't require premium. I would get a cartier or signature as it shouldn't cost much more for what you get and is less likely a previous rental. Run the vin# thru carfax to be sure though. One thing I found though of the pre 01's one with calif emmissions is rated at a lower compression and 10 less hp & tq. There are actually several states that if sold there should have it. You can contact lincoln and they'll run the vin and tell if it has it or not. I went on lincoln.com and e-mailed to be sure i didn't have it.

I am a little confused about this as well, I know that in order of luxury they fall as Executive, Signature and Cartier, but, my Executive has everything that the signature has except for the plush seats that are in the signature so I am unsure as to what really seperates them. The only thing that I could figure was that the previous owner ordered all the options in it! Should have gotten the Signature at thiat rate. I found this link: Town Car Review which does a good job of explaining differences.
Barry

Members online

No members online now.
Back