Valve cover gaskets

BennyCrac

LVC Member
Reaction score
2006 Lincoln LS V8 110k miles
Going to do valve cover gaskets soon. RockAuto has the following brands: Fel-Pro, Apex, Victor Reinz, and Mahle. Any brand recommendations on which make good gaskets? Also any tips from anyone that has done valve cover gaskets on the LS would be appreciated.
Thanks

I got motorcraft ones a year or so ago that i think were the last ones in the country and had a cheap mechanic change them for me and he put them both on one side cause they were stuck together and made one out of gasket maker for the other side, sometimes you just can't catch a break, ha

I did mine in fall of 2020 and probably used Felpro and worked fine. Handle parts with care as plastic parts get brittle. You'll need patience and might take a full day or more. Plug recess will have oil in them so be ready to blow it out. Passenger side is easier than drivers because of the pressurized fuel line.

62102725570__F602AC4A-ED3D-409B-8052-EE0219B54901.JPG

IMG_6891.JPG

IMG_6873.JPG

IMG_6030.JPG

Oh hey, on the driver's side, don't pull the oil dipstick tube all the way out. For whatever reason, it is very difficult to get ti back in.

Did not have to pull out the dipstick when doing mine. Just bent the tab back a little. Never had an issue with felpro. Drivers side cover is a PITA to remove.

2006 Lincoln LS V8 110k miles
Going to do valve cover gaskets soon. RockAuto has the following brands: Fel-Pro, Apex, Victor Reinz, and Mahle. Any brand recommendations on which make good gaskets? Also any tips from anyone that has done valve cover gaskets on the LS would be appreciated.
Thanks
Fel-Pro worked pretty good. On addtion to 600 grit sandpaper to polish to the head seal area and Permatex Ultra Blue to light layer to both sides of the gasket, head and valve cover. I have found the exhaust side seals get hard because of the exhaust manifold seals leak at around 3k rpm.. Remflex makes a graphite sheet gasket with 2k °F exposure to seal those manifolds right up.

Members online

No members online now.
Back