Uneven idle and breaking up wont rev past 3200 RPMs need help

lscdriver

New LVC Member
Reaction score
has a very bad miss also breaking up and wont rev past 3200 no matter how much gas you give it or how warm it gets need help please. if anyone has any ideas on what it is i would appreciate the help very much thanks

i dont drive it right now due to the problems. i was driving one day and it started missing and breakin up so i took it to my house and its been sitting ever since. i tried putting it on a diagnostics machine that my dad has and the only thing that keeps popping up is MAP sensor i tried changing it but still didnt work. do you have any other ideas or suggestions? :confused:

Have you kept up with regular maintenance? On this diagnostic machine, can you check out the ingition module? After you pull the plugs, do any of them look bad, burn't or damaged? Can you post some pics of your plugs and label which cylinders they are from?

Oh yeah... welocme aboard fellow Buckeye!!

:cool:

I don't know what that "diagnostic machine" does. This is not a new car you are dealing with, so keep it simple. Just pull the trouble codes from it, which can be done with a paper clip if you have to. That way you know what numbers are coming up.

Otherwise, I'd start by checking the spark plug wires and plugs.

i will post some pics of the plugs today. i changed the plugs once and wires too. cap and rotor was replaced didnt make a change. what the diagnostics machine does is it plugs in to the computer and tells me if there are any sensors or anything going wrong. it also tells me if its running lean or rich and it pulls up codes to let me know how my car is doing. i have kept up on regular maintenance plugs wires oil change every 2500 miles i take really good care of it. air filter and fuel filter was replaced when i got the car. any chance it could be a bad body ground or a bad connection somewhere???

thanks man... so your from ohio?

It could be bad grounding, but it doesn't sound like it. It seems to be like a bad TPS, honestly. You don't have bad gas in there, do you?

well i was lookin at it today and there was a ground strap on the back of the head that looked like should of been attached to the firewall. it was just laying there so ill try and hook it up too. ill check the TPS too and see if thats it. hopefully your guys' help will fix my problems! thanks guys. and its got mid grade good gas in it too. i just put about 4 gallons of good gas in it the other day.

Members online

Back